Substream - BI is not recording in HD but in Stream! Why?

pauld

Substream - BI is not recording in HD but in Stream! Why?

Post by pauld »

HI, I added a substream to all my cameras but now I noticed that all are recording in the substream mode and NOT the HD mode! ( I thought the recordings is suppose to record in HD be default or am I wrong? )

I did enable the " record duel streams if available " is this why ? is so where do I tell Bi that I want to see the HD version when I click file in icon window?

PS: I do see both streams in the general tab and there respective fps and that is working fine ALSO when I click on the reduced fps live preview window it maximizes and 1 sec later it shows HD version ( which means that's working as intended too )

BI version 5.3.7.12
TimG

Re: Substream - BI is not recording in HD but in Stream! Why?

Post by TimG »

I thought the recordings is suppose to record in HD be default or am I wrong?
That sounds right. Could you have the main stream swapped over with the sub-stream in settings ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MrMark

Post by MrMark »

pauld wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 am HI, I added a substream to all my cameras but now I noticed that all are recording in the substream mode and NOT the HD mode! ( I thought the recordings is suppose to record in HD be default or am I wrong? )
I'm seeing this same behavior, but with only one of my cameras. Did you ever figure it out?
InTheAir17

Post by InTheAir17 »

I'm experiencing this as well, but on all the cameras. I'm on the most current version 5.4.9.5 but it happened on 5.4.9.4 as well.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 8GB RAM | i7-4770S 2.8 GHz | Hikvision 9x4MP | Hikvision Doorbell | Dahua 2MP LPR | 120GB Intel SSD OS and Apps| 6TB Storage