BlueIris Web Server is grabbing the wrong LAN and IP

risingfish

BlueIris Web Server is grabbing the wrong LAN and IP

Post by risingfish »

BlueIris web server setup is grabbing the IP from the wrong NIC in the box I am running it on. The box has two NICs in it, one built into the motherboard and on the main LAN, and the other is a PCIe card that is hooked into a PoE switch and is running a DHCP server for the cameras. I've tried playing with the service start order (using Automatic (delayed start)) but I've been unable to get the BlueIris web server to switch back to the correct NIC that is on the main LAN. As it stands now I cannot use the mobile apps I paid for.

I've done some searching and it looks like this is an issue that bubbles every so often. The thread https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... +lan#p8662 seems to be latest one, but no solution was found. Honestly, the web server IP should just be a free form field. You could add a button to try to intelligently guess the right IP address, but at the end of the day the app should trust the user to know the right IP.

Other than that, I'm really liking the software. One of my old LaView cameras in my old boxed NVR system died, and I've been spending the weekend setting everything up as I have time. I really am looking forward not being tied into a specific manufacturers products.
TimG

Re: BlueIris Web Server is grabbing the wrong LAN and IP

Post by TimG »

Hi risingfish,

Can you send a message to support about this ? It would be good to get an answer. I agree about the manual IP setting - maybe they will make an auto/manual setting for those that need it. I'm old school with static IP addresses set on the cameras and servers.

I did wonder in the other thread if it was a race condition between NICs, but you have the mobo NIC as your main LAN (same as I do) and it doesn't work for you.

I presently have two instances of BI5 running:

The i5-3330 server is on the main LAN at 192.168.2.3 (mobo NIC) and the cctv LAN as 10.0.0.1 (Pci-e NIC)
The Ryzen server is on the main LAN at 192.168.2.2 (mobo NIC) and the same cctv LAN as 10.0.0.100 (Pci-e NIC)

Both of them have "Bind exclusively" ticked for the IP address. Two very different pc's connected to the same two networks without any issues. I'm not that good, so why do my two pc's work when others fail ? Surely not as simple as no DHCP :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
risingfish

Post by risingfish »

I sent an email to support so we'll see what they say. I set the PCIe NIC to a static IP address out of the DHCP range, but I'm thinking about changing it to DHCP as well (that's how it works without a forced static IP in the IPV4 properties), and seeing if that helps BlueIris grab the right IP address. My step after that was going to be setting all the cameras up with a static IP but sounds like that might not work either base on your experience. I'll let you know what I hear.
risingfish

Post by risingfish »

I did learn something interesting today. Even though it's picking the wrong LAN and IP, once I have setup the mobile app with the wrong IP address, I can edit the configuration on my phone to the point to the right one and it works. I don't have bind exclusively option set which may block it from listening on the correct IP. It's a little inconvenient, but it works. Still haven't heard from them yet.
risingfish

Post by risingfish »

I got a response from blue iris a couple weeks ago, and forgot to post here. They are aware of the issue and will eventually get a fix in place when they have time. It sounds like it should be listing all adapters, but isn't right now.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Thanks for that. Good to know they are working on more than Deepstack :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.