Smartthings SmartApp

PaulHillman

Smartthings SmartApp

Post by PaulHillman »

I have 5 Foscam cameras of various flavors. I'm using Smartthings Hub to control doors, windows, thermostats, fans, lightbulbs, garage doors, etc.

I did a search and found a developer called Rboy who wrote a device handler and Smartthings Smartapp to bring my Foscam cameras into the Smartthings environment.

From their integration, I can move the camera via commands to one of six preset positions. I can turn monitoring on/off. I can reboot the camera, etc.

I had been using Foscam's Video Management Solution, but that was before I found Blue Iris! Wow! I had no idea how much more granular I could get using the BI software. I'm very impressed with the application, the support, the quality of the UI, etc.

Now I'm looking for anyone who might have a deeper integration using Blue Iris in a Smartthings Environment.

Ideally, there is someone who has taken the BI approach to exposing far more of the camera's capabilities to Smartthings, just as the BI interface shows these are available.

Is anyone else out there using BI and Smarthtings?
TimG

Re: Smartthings SmartApp

Post by TimG »

Nope, Homeseer HS4 Pro here. I use BI5 to turn outside lights on when motion is detected.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.