Amcrest Cameras on 5.4.7.6

pvr02

Amcrest Cameras on 5.4.7.6

Post by pvr02 »

About a week or two I noticed that I was unable to connect to the software and view my cameras via the phone app. When checking the server itself, I noticed that the software was not open and I couldn't get it to start. I rebooted the server and it still wouldn't load. So I went ahead and rebuilt the system as I was going to reconfigure it anyway to start utilizing the AI functionality.

Upon adding cameras to a fresh Windows 10 and BlueIris install, I noticed the same crash happening. Upon testing it appears that I am able to add cameras that are branded as Foscam and Hikvision fine. However when attempting to add any Amcrest branded cameras the software would crash. I would receive the message "lost connection to service [2]"

Then I would attempt to restart the software and it would say "starting", then "waiting for service...", Then "The service may not be initializing properly or quickly enough; try again in 30 seconds and reboot PC if this persists.". After restarting I would get the same results. However if I went into the registry "HKLM\Software\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\" and delete the key for the amcrest camera I just added, the software loads.

I tested this with a Amcrest ProHD 1080P and 2 Amcrest UltraHD 4K.

Anyone else experiencing any issues with Amcrest cameras or have any way for me to troubleshoot what is causing them to crash BlueIris?
mikegedge

Re: Amcrest Cameras on 5.4.7.6

Post by mikegedge »

I'm on the same version with 2 4K PoE AMCREST camera's and BI opens fine. No issues.
pvr02

Post by pvr02 »

Are you using the following for your amcrest streaming profiles?

Main - /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Sub - /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I have to admit, thats some pretty impressive detective work narrowing down the registry keys and being able to link it to specific cameras. That said, pretty interesting thing you're experiencing.

I too am running 5.4.7.6 and while I mostly use SV3C cameras, I do have two AMCREST IP5M cameras. My software is opening fine (as an aside - I do seem to be experiencing a BI memory leak over the past several versions. When it first starts it's under 1GB RAM used and eventually will go into the multi-GB range. Ken's frequent updates help to give me reason to restart the service but it didn't go up like this pre-5.4.x <- I'm not confident when it started but it's been a few weeks).

Back to your issue, I don't have the same model cameras but I am using the exact same stream profiles. I've included screenshots of my config to help rule out any discrepancies. The only other thing I can think of is some sort of annomaly that might be in the camera config itself - a very high FPS or key, something that shouldn't be able to make a difference but.. I'm grasping as you are certainly having an issue. If you're not able to find something based on this I think I'd open a ticket to Sam/Ken. In the past I discovered a bug with a different camera and Ken took the time to remote in (I'm on standard support plan), found the issue, and patched it the next day.
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (35.46 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (2.15 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
pvr02

Post by pvr02 »

After logging into each Amcrest camera and resetting it back to defaults I was able to connect them. Very odd they all of the sudden they started crashing BI. Thanks for the tips.
l60mcm

Post by l60mcm »

Hi I am having the same issue as originally described by OP when I try to add either of my 2 Annke I51DM blue iris just crashes and the only way to recover is to delete the entry in the registry as described above. blue iris works fine when I add my Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-L. is there any way to diagnose what blue iris is unhappy about. this setup is new and the cameras are brand new. BlueIris Version 5.4.7.8

any help is greatly appreciated.