Deepstack Confirmed Alerts Only

Skittles

Deepstack Confirmed Alerts Only

Post by Skittles »

I've recently deployed Deepstack and have everything working but I had a questions around Triggers/Alerts when using it. What I'd like is to have no alerts/clips unless deepstack confirms a person. If I'm understanding the flow correctly, Deepstack only analyzes motion triggers, and if motion has already triggered then Blue Iris has already created an alert before Deepstack even looks at it.

Is that correct? Can I change that behaviour?

Explanation as to why I want that. This particular camera has a never ending battle with tree/shadow motion where the only way to get rid of the false alerts is back off the motion settings so far the image would likely never trigger. Deepstack has been doing a consistent job of identifying people, and that is all I care about for motion on this camera.

Thanks
3p1phany

Re: Deepstack Confirmed Alerts Only

Post by 3p1phany »

Skittles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:05 pm I've recently deployed Deepstack and have everything working but I had a questions around Triggers/Alerts when using it. What I'd like is to have no alerts/clips unless deepstack confirms a person. If I'm understanding the flow correctly, Deepstack only analyzes motion triggers, and if motion has already triggered then Blue Iris has already created an alert before Deepstack even looks at it.

Is that correct? Can I change that behaviour?

Explanation as to why I want that. This particular camera has a never ending battle with tree/shadow motion where the only way to get rid of the false alerts is back off the motion settings so far the image would likely never trigger. Deepstack has been doing a consistent job of identifying people, and that is all I care about for motion on this camera.

Thanks
DS analyses the image(s) and if there is no match the alert is cancelled. If you only want to be notified on a confirmation check "Fire on alert....when confirmed" in the trigger AI menu. And in the same menu, if you don't want the cancelled events to show up at all check "Hide cancelled events...." . The documentation explains it fairly well. Fire on alert works very well for me but I don't hide cancelled events b/c the AI isn't 100% perfect.
Skittles

Post by Skittles »

Appreciate the explanation. I think part of my problem was I had record mode set to "Continuous + Triggered"
bco2003

Post by bco2003 »

I'm having a similar problem, but only specific to the Android App notifications.

I have deepstack enabled, and on my PC, only the "person" alerts are saved, despite a lot of trees moving in the wind.

However on my Android BI app, the regular motion (non-deepstack alerts) are generating notifications.

Would appreciate guidance in limiting my Android app alerts only to deepstack alerts. Thanks

Here are my AI settings for the affected camera: