Recording MainStream Continuously

joneda1

Recording MainStream Continuously

Post by joneda1 »

I am using the evaluation version of BI at the moment to test my setup before committing to buy. I have 8 Swann MHB-565 cameras (5 MPixel) which came with a Swann NVR which I plan to retire. The cameras are the usual painful experience from Swann but I can get both main and sub streams via RTSP to register in BI. Live view shows the main stream and some basic recorded events show the main stream but my playback of recorded video only shows the sub stream.
I basically just need to know the correct recording settings to get recording of the main stream. I know it puts a lot more load on the CPU and everything but not everything which is important shows up as alerts.

Thanks
TimG

Re: Recording MainStream Continuously

Post by TimG »

Hi,

Take a look here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2305 to see if Sam can answer your questions.

I record 24/7 with "continuous" and use the sub-streams to trigger Alerts. My recordings do show the HD stream.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
joneda1

Re: Recording MainStream Continuously

Post by joneda1 »

Thanks for the link. I actually double-clicked directly on a couple of BVR files and they are definitely recording the main and sub streams. It just seems that when working through the timeline for playback I can't get the main stream to display. It shows up in live view and in event view but not in the normal timeline view.