FORCE quitting CGad Socket thread

Thixotropic

FORCE quitting CGad Socket thread

Post by Thixotropic »

"FORCE quitting CGad Socket thread 18 330 403"

An error I noticed this morning. No recent changes to the system other than allowing Windows to do an update (I usually do updates manually about once a month). Running BI 5.4.4.1 (latest version).

Researching this, it seems this issue goes back to 2014 or before. I didn't find any definitive resolution, so I'm posting this here for awareness. I have no idea what effect, if any, this has on the system or recording, or anything else.
image_2021_04_30T13_48_41_727Z.png
image_2021_04_30T13_48_41_727Z.png (11.47 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Re: FORCE quitting CGad Socket thread

Post by TimG »

Wow, you get some really interesting failures :shock:

What type is the front camera ?

The only things I can find are Broadcom pages mentioning "CA Gen Asynchronous Daemon" which could be CGad. Time to leave this one for someone that knows a lot more stuff than I do :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

TimG wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:08 pm What type is the front camera ?
It's the RCA doorbell cam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GN355R6/

I actually like it (it has a crazy tall field of view), but it connects/disconnects all the time non-stop. Sometimes it's good for days, other days it blips in and out 30 or 40 times.

I keep meaning to replace it with a basic PoE camera but too many things have been going on. That, and I'm lazy. :)

I wanted a decent UPS for the downstairs gear (the switch and NAS) so I bought an open-box APC Backups 1000VA for $75. Brand new but open box. They usually sell for ~$140 or so. The clowns that shipped it, however, sent it out in the retail box (!!) and the box was pretty beat up by the time it arrived. Rrrrrrrr.

The UPS itself looked fine and was intact when it arrived, but there was something rattling around inside. Damn. Time to start a return ticket....

Long story short, the seller said I could keep it for $50. (It would cost them $40 for return shipping alone.) The battery is worth at least $25, so I took a chance. (I was 99.99999999% sure I could fix it, TBH. I worked in electronic repair for a looooong time.)

I opened it up (kind of a PITA) and yup- there was a thin aluminium EMI shield that had popped off. It's for shielding the RF connectors.

The shield isn't heavy enough to damage or chip any components (and I looked very very very carefully to make sure). It's super lightweight, not really enough mass to damage anything. I snapped it back in place, buttoned the case up, and as far as I can tell it works perfectly. Yay.

So in the end I got a brand new $140 UPS for 50 bucks. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. :)
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Hmmm, interesting- HA isn't even enabled for that camera.

Maybe I should try enabling it. (??)

IAmATeaf wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:40 pm Whenever the error occurred I'd check the cam settings in BI and I noticed that on some occasions BI would disable HA. I reported the issue back them to support and was told to disable HA.

So, if HA is enabled, try disabling it on that cam to see if the error goes away.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

It's set to "No".

I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue with the camera, but honestly I can't see what effect it has, if any. Maybe it's either the result or the cause of the many many disconnects this camera exhibits.
IAmATeaf wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:36 pm Is it set to no or Default? If default then it will be using what is defined within the main settings.