UI3 Alerts list broken since v5.4.3.11

jbardi

UI3 Alerts list broken since v5.4.3.11

Post by jbardi »

I had upgraded to v5.4.3.11 and when using UI3, if you select the lightning bolt to only show alerts in the side bar list, you get toast errors about unexpected token in json and the side list said "failed to load" and no clips are shown in the list.

I downgraded back to v5.4.3.10 and everything worked fine. Then they released v5.4.3.12, and same result, I can not view just alerts in the list and get a slew of toast json errors.

They are now up to v5.4.4.0 and it includes an update to UI3, so I figured this would fix the problem, but still v5.4.4.0 also has this issue. I have tried on 3 computers here at my current location, and even used Remote Desktop back to the Windows PC in the other state that this is running in and tried it on the sever itself at localhost:81 thinking there was a problem with my accessing it remotely, but still the same issue.

So I once again downgraded back to v5.4.3.10 and sure enough, everything works perfectly. I am not sure what changed that broke UI3 in subsequent versions, but if anyone else who is on a version newer than v5.4.3.10 can click on the lightning bolt icon in UI3 interface so that it only shows alerts in the side list, please let me know if you get any errors.
Matts1984

Re: UI3 Alerts list broken since v5.4.3.11

Post by Matts1984 »

From your perspective I have to be the bearer of bad news. I tested with 5.4.3.12 and then after updating to 5.4.4.0 and my clips in UI3 load just fine. Do your clips load ok in the console? Do you use a mobile app? I was thinking maybe repair your DB.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes, working normally here on two BI5 installations. Just updated to 5.4.4.1 and still OK.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jbardi

Post by jbardi »

Well I appreciate you both letting me know of your results.

I just don't know what I can do to fix it. I have upgraded to 5.4.4.1 and repaired the db but it still has not fixed the issue.

Upon launching UI3 interface with Developer Tools open in chrome, I get these 2 errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ui3/ui3-local-overrides.css?v=148-5.4.4.1:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ui3-local-overrides.js:1

Then I get 13 duplicates of the following error:

Response: 200 OK
Error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token s in JSON at position 201
URL: /json
ui3.js?v=148-5.4.4.1:21004

And in the clip list instead of showing the clips, it says "Failed to load", but again, when I downgrade back to 5.4.3.10, everything runs without errors. It is only starting on version 5.4.3.11 and up to the latest 5.4.4.1

I guess I'll just have to stay permanently at 5.4.3.10 as I rely on the UI3 interface as I am currently living in a different state than the home I am monitoring.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Strange, unfortunately I don't have an answer on that one. Are you accessing UI3 from the remote location? I assume so based on what you're saying. How are you connecting? Are you just port forwarding through a router, VPN, any sort of WAF in place? Using Dynamic DNS?

Those errors don't mean a whole lot to me. It might be worth shooting an email to Support to ask for assistance. I know some have indicated slow or no response but I've always had pretty good luck, and at least on one occasion they really went above and beyond for me.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
jbardi

Post by jbardi »

Yeah, just using port forward on the router back in the other state. I thought about there being something happening between my computer and the remote system before reaching the Blue Iris windows machine on the local network back in the other state, so I used Remote Desktop and launched the browser directly from the Blue Iris windows machine locally and went to localhost:81 and got the exact same results, so it is definitely not an issue with being accessed remotely. I'll try contacting support directly and see what happens.
Hilikus

Post by Hilikus »

Well well.. latest update broke partly UI3. I cannot access UI3 anymore from chrome or iron browser.

Firefox and explorer works with same laptop. Mobile chrome app works normally so latest update did something that broke UI3 when using certain browsers. I sent email to support but it usually takes a lot of days to get answers. I did clear cache, I did hard refresh browser, I did reboot BI, I did reboot laptop.

EDIT: ok I'm going to take my words back. Tried everything I could imagine and finally decided to update srware iron browser. That helped. Chrome is still not working so I'm wondering if BI update did something that needs latest updates from chromium based browsers.
TimG

Post by TimG »

If it's a Chrome issue, all is well here with Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit) which it tells me is up to date.

Weird one :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jbardi

Post by jbardi »

My original issue is not browser specific. I get the exact same errors when using Chrome or Firefox, so what ever UI3 problem you are having, which does appear to be chrome specific, is not the same as my original issue. There is obviously something to do with my setup, as other users are not having the issues I am. Perhaps it has to do with certain Blue Iris settings I have activated that they do not, or perhaps it is triggered on having a certain number of cameras, but it is definitely based on something with my setup if others are not experiencing it, but that would still make it a bug that shouldn't require me to change my settings.
Batman52

Post by Batman52 »

I too have had the problem of not seeing alerts on a remote computer or cell phone. On the remote computer, it shows as red Xs. I've spent a lot of time trying things to get this to work. I do not know the current Blue Iris revision of BI5 running. Perhaps I'll try backing down to V5.4.3.11.

Also, I have 5 other installations of Blue Iris which all work well: Just this one doesn't. This one, however, is running an older version of Windows: XP or 7, while all the others are running newer operating systems.

As far as port forwarding, the remote computer is on the same network in a different room, so I doubt very much it is being blocked by any routers.

I keep thinking that it is some setup problem.

I'll post back if I get an answer.

Charlie