Mobile app

Post Reply
balham
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 am

Mobile app

Post by balham » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:35 pm

When using my mobile phone, I have found that the mobile App (V3.0.25) has stopped working - when trying to connect, it says "unable to connect/unable to reach server". I can access the server from this mobile using a web browser and I have no problems accessing the server from PCs. I've tried another mobile and the same thing happens. I've checked the settings and they all seem OK. However, on my Tablet the mobile app does work, though this seems to be an older version of the App (V5.3.3.15).

I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem?
User avatar
terk
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Re: Mobile app

Post by terk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Android or iOS? Android stopped allowing access to self signed certs a while back so I had to switch back to using http on my android. However my iOS devices still connect on https just fine.
balham
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 am

Re: Mobile app

Post by balham » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:46 am

It seems I'm not the only one with the issue (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2267).
balham
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:55 am

Re: Mobile app

Post by balham » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:23 am

It's just started working - can't explain why! Thanks for help.
Mikeuk
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 am

Re: Mobile app

Post by Mikeuk » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:28 am

I am having the same problem since the app update.

Update... I have just upgraded from Blue Iris 4 to 5 all working ok now :)
DeaneG
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Re: Mobile app

Post by DeaneG » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:19 pm

Same problem here. I didn't change anything that I know of. It just stopped working.
Matts1984
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Mobile app

Post by Matts1984 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:53 pm

If you have the time, tomorrow's Webinar is specifically about connecting Mobile Apps.

The root of the issue *may* be down to design implementation vs something broken in BI. Both Apple and Google have been making changes to app policies and a method that worked previously may go against their policy now and is either directly broken because of that OR Blue Iris might have had to make changes to comply themselves.
Blue Iris 5.4.7.x | Server 2019 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 3x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 2x SV3C 3MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
Post Reply