Playback Snapshots...

MikeBwca

Playback Snapshots...

Post by MikeBwca »

Question: When taking a Snapshot during playback... Where does the snapshot go?
When I take a snapshot, a dialog appears asking me where on disk to put the snapshot.

The reason I'm asking is that I've heard it mention in the BI manual of taking a snapshot during playback and putting it in the 'Clip List'. I'm not sure how to do that. Is this an option setting preference somewhere? If it is, I can't seem to find it.

Note: Taking a snapshot in Live view will put the snapshot in the 'Clip List'.

I sent a message to BI Support, and will update this when responded. But, I thought I'd ask here also.
TimG

Re: Playback Snapshots...

Post by TimG »

Hi MikeBwca,

Well the question is a lot clearer, but I can't answer it :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
terk

Post by terk »

In my experience, when you use the camera or video icons on the camera screen during live view it triggers the camera to take a picture or video and this goes into the clip list, however when playing back a video that already in the clip list it will either take a picture or video and export it to disk.

If you are on a computer it will ask where to put it or use the web default locations depending on which interface you are in, if you are using the mobile app it saves to your picture gallery.
cayossarian

Post by cayossarian »

The ClipBoard icon brings up the "ClipList"
BlueIrisClipboard.png
BlueIrisClipboard.png (84.49 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
I believe all snapshots are treated the same way and end up in this list (live view or playback snapshots). If you right click on an item it will show you the containing folder.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Definitive answer to this question..... it depends on where the snapshot is taken.

Taken from 'Live View' - Snapshot appears in the Clip List 'All Clips'.

Taken from playback - A 'Save Snapshot' folder window will appear to save the snapshot on your hdd/ssd/nas drive.

I received the answer from BI support, and, at the very end of the Deepstack Webinar a person asked this very question, and was answered by Ken and Sam.