Recording Sub-Stream 24/7

JonathanS

Recording Sub-Stream 24/7

Post by JonathanS »

Without creating separate cameras with just the sub-stream, is it possible to have my cameras record the sub-stream 24/7 and only record the main-stream when triggered/alerted?
nickh66

Re: Recording Sub-Stream 24/7

Post by nickh66 »

Hi Jonathan,
I don't have a confirmed answer for this but based on my reading & my researching various blog posts & youtube videos, i think this happens buy default if you choose the record option "trigger + continuous". I'm in the process of make this same change away from a second camera just for the substream but the latest 5.4.4 update today has broken my camera streams. So i'll do some more research on this one.
Cheers
Nick

update 29th April: I fixed my issues & now just have 9 cameras with dual streams working nicely.
Last edited by nickh66 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I do not use sub streams. But, According to the latest 5.4.4.0 update, yes...
5.4.4 - April 27, 2021
When the triggered+continuous record mode is used with a dual-streaming camera along with
direct-to-disc, the result is a BVR file which will contain the sub-stream continuously
recorded, but the main-stream only recorded when the camera is in a triggered state.
During main-stream playback, the sub-stream will be upsampled whenever the main-stream
is not available.
atreyu

Post by atreyu »

Sweet hallelujah!

Integrated AI, dual stream trigger+continuous, Ken is on a tear!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Indeed he is. People have been asking for this for longer than I've been here !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
JonathanS

Post by JonathanS »

Awesome! Sorry for the late response. For some reason, I didn't get any email notifications that I had replies.

I actually reached out to Ken via support right after posting my original post and he responded with this: "Such a scheme is in the works for bvr files." So I guess that is actually in the works now, sweet!
JonathanS

Post by JonathanS »

It also appears that if you use the record "when alerted" option, there currently isn't an option for "alerted + continuous," only "triggered + continuous."