Issues now with new Comcast router

beaufie

Issues now with new Comcast router

Post by beaufie »

Hi, please help!

Everything was cool with my old setup, which was my own modem and a Medialink router...on Comcast. The latest BI version.

I upgraded my plan and am now using their modem and when I open BI, it says No Signal from all of my cams. Failed to connect.

This, I think, is related to settings in my Comcast modem/router that I need to sort out. I'm not super good with network stuff...can anyone help?

Thank you!
Matts1984

Re: Issues now with new Comcast router

Post by Matts1984 »

The new Comcast device, I'm assuming is a router/modem combo unit. I'm sure it has re-IP'd your network. That will have to be completely sorted out to get your cameras back online. It sounds like your cameras no longer have the original IP addresses and are using DHCP vs a static IP address set on them**. You should be able to log into the Comcast modem (not a fan BTW - they limit a lot of access to functionality) to find the IPv4 Lease Table - the IPs that it has given out and find your cameras.

** Of course it is possible that your cameras ARE set to use static IPs what changed is the IP/subnet of your Blue Iris system.

Unfortunately, while this is not a huge issue - it is 100% network related :(
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
terk

Post by terk »

I agree the easiest thing to do would be to find where on the new router you configure the LAN IP subnet and switch it back to the subnet you originally where using so if it now show 192.168.20 and you used to use 192.168.30 change it to what you had been using. However when you do that all of your DHCP assigned devices will need time to switch after that happens.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Unless your using Voice, Ditch their Comcrust router and get a new Cable Modem & Router with Wifi 6.
It's a lot easier to configure, IMO.