New Folder Clip Storage

iredfive

New Folder Clip Storage

Post by iredfive »

I have latest windows 10 20H2 and BI5 version on seperate nvme SSD. I read a forum post that said it was redundant to use both new and stored on single HDD. I was using 4TB Skyhawk with NEW 100GB limit and move to STORED on same drive 3400GB limit then Delete. so to take advice of forum posts the best practice was said to be just use NEW folder only and then select Delete and will just delete files as needed. the problem is when i set limit for NEW folder anything higher than 225GB i get error saying OVERALLOCATED SHORTAGE and on the bottom of the screen the hard drive space is YELLOW with two exclamation marks next to drive letter and the amount over 224GB.

I imagine i am missing something simple. so far ive tried deleting all folders and rebuilding the db file but same result. i could just go back to having NEW and STORED on same 4TB drive as that seemed to work, but feel like just using new will save on HDD wear.

thanks for any help or insight,
TimG

Re: New Folder Clip Storage

Post by TimG »

Hi iredfive,

1. Was the 4TB Skyhawk empty when you tried the large NEW folder ? BI5 will complain if there is anything else there.
2. Had you already deleted the STORED folder data in BI5 Clips and archiving before you increased the size of NEW ? Same as above.
3. I'm not aware of any size restriction with the NEW folder, but that doesn't mean its true :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
iredfive

Re: New Folder Clip Storage

Post by iredfive »

Thanks for the tips, it actually did help me try one more thing.

Apparently I have to set the Stored folder to 0 before i change the New folder up to 3400. I still had the Stored folder set to 3400. So I guess BI checks for that even if the New Folder is set to Delete.

anyway, hopefully this helps anyone else that runs into this.