DeepStack

MikeBwca

DeepStack

Post by MikeBwca »

I've not been able to get this working in BI.

As I understand it, the new versions of BI has integrated AI Tools into BI.
Every tutorial I find mentions installing 'AI Tools'! Even the 'Tips and Tricks' on this forum.

What I've done...
- Installed DeepStack Windows version (for testing). Using default port. Enbling all three detections. The DeepStack admin page says it's activated.
- Enabled Deepstack in BI settings. left at default settings.
- Enabled Deepstack in one camera. Changed 'To confirm' to 'person' only. I've even changed 'min conf' to 10%

I still get everything else triggering... cars, birds...

Isn't this setting of 'persons' only suppose to trigger if there's a person?

There's no 'Test' feature, or, a 'Connection Test' to 'DeepStack''. BI just assumes everythng is working.
3p1phany

Re: DeepStack

Post by 3p1phany »

Presuming you have DeepStack installed properly, the trigger is still your motion sensor settings.
DeepStack will look at the image after the trigger to see if it matches your object category.

Check Fire "On Alert" actions only when confirmed, that should give you the desired result.

Right now I have the AI turned on using a cloned camera to compare the accuracy.
If DeepStack is working, through the UI you should see a category ranking instead of the motion zone crossing on the alert detail, ex: person: 77%, and a check mark shows up.

I'm also using the GPU based version so I can confirm that works as well.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Does this require dual-stream to be enabled?
Does BI DS integration use the cameras substream?
terk

Post by terk »

After you install DeepStack you shouldn't need to do anything with it you then enable it in the BI global AI settings then enable it on a camera. If you have sub streams setup I believe DeepStack will analyze images from the sub stream which could reduce it's confidence level slightly but it seems to work just fine so far here with sub streams enabled. I only have 1 camera that doesn't currently use sub streams as everytime I try to enable it on that camera I loose both streams and DeepStack works just as well on that camera as the others.
3p1phany

Post by 3p1phany »

I'm using the main stream for testing on two Dahua cameras and it works.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

terk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:11 am After you install DeepStack you shouldn't need to do anything with it you then enable it in the BI global AI settings then enable it on a camera. ...
After installing DeepStack, do I need to start the server via the Windows icon, then specify the port # and API's?

Or, does BI start DeepStack via the BI Settings 'AI' tab?

How do I verify that DeepStack in running? I don't think it is, as I don;t see anything related to DS running.
If I stat DS manually I see the tasks, but nothing from BI.

Here's what I've done.

- Install DeepStack (Windows desktop version)
- Enable DeepStack in BI 'AI' tab specifying IP of desktop and port # 8085. Then, I clicked 'Start now'...
BI AI tab.png
BI AI tab.png (31.01 KiB) Viewed 11533 times
- Cloned a camera, then Enabled DeepStack in the Cameras 'Trigger/AI' tab...
BI Camera Deepstack.png
BI Camera Deepstack.png (27.12 KiB) Viewed 11533 times
The camera triggers normally (like the Clone Master) and I get the clips & Alert image in the clip list, with 'Motion A'.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I'm not sure if BI sends the proper powershell command to DS on initial setup. It might, and based on the info you inputted, it certainly has the necessary info. That said, you should be able to test if DS is running by opening a browser window and navigating to the configuration you wanted:

http://192.168.1.10:8085

I assume that is the IP of your actual server/local system? If that fails in a browser, give http://127.0.0.1:8085 a shot. Both SHOULD work but 127.0.0.1 is always "localhost" so it's the same thing. If DS is running you should get a generic splash page for DS, if it's not you'll eventually timeout. In the event it fails, I'd wager to guess that BI is NOT sending the powershell command. For you it would be:

Code: Select all

deepstack --VISION-DETECTION True --PORT 8085
Again, that has to be entered in Powershell, not the command prompt. It should take a few moments, show a couple things pop up, and after a minute just close the window. FWIW, it did NOT return to another prompt for me, it appeared hung but still worked.

Lastly, my own issue but I have it running on two cameras. One seems to be working pretty well but the other one not so much. I walked in front of it several very obvious times and it didn't trigger (person is set). I haven't fiddled with the sensitivity yet but I don't know how to see, or if there is a way, to see why alerts were cancelled. Maybe I didn't hit 50% or maybe something else is wrong. If I can't resolve it I might just drop DS. It's neat and I certainly see the value, just in my exact location there isn't much benefit and I'm not looking to do facial recognition.

EDIT:: I found 'Cancelled Alerts'. I see some very obvious car movement that was cancelled (cars are NOT triggered on so thats correct) but I don't even see triggers where I walked in front of the camera. Hmmmmm.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Using powershell...
DS Powershell.png
DS Powershell.png (110.85 KiB) Viewed 11515 times
All this command does is open DeepStack - the same as using the desktop icon. Then i click start server, choose API's, and click ;start now'.
I don't think this is the way to use DS in BI!

Stopping the server leaves 'redis-server.exe' and 'server.exe' running!

I give up! I don't understand why it doesn;t work for me. BI is suppose to start the server.

If I go into BI Settings/Ai and click 'Stop now', then 'Start now', no processes show up in task manager.

Unless there's a do this... 1, 2, 3... definitive setup for this, this is worthless. I'm getting pissed.
It seems a lot have a unique way of implementing this is BI. It's integrated into BI. That's how I want it, the way BI has it. How is this so difficult!!!!
terk

Post by terk »

You shouldn't need to start DeepStack manually it should be started by Blue Iris, however it would want to run it on port 82 by default and that is what I had been using so I never looked into how to change it. The easiest way to see if it is running would be to run "netstat -a|findstr :82" at the command prompt before starting it to see it doesn't return anything then run it again after starting it through BI and see that it shows it is listening on that port.

I also noticed Server.exe wasn't running according to Task Manager when I first started DeepStack with BI however it was working and when I look at my server now Server.exe is running.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I appreciate all the help and suggestions. This is making more sense as time goes on.

The "netstat -a|findstr :82" is awsome. Thanks for that.

Adding the 'n' options speeds things up a lot... "netstat -an|findstr :82"

Also, the Nirsoft 'CurrPorts' utility is incredible. It lists ports with the application , path.
I use the following filers...
include:local:both:80-90
include:local:both:8100-8200
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html