BI 5.4 built-in DeepStack Integration

TimG

Re: BI 5.4 built-in DeepStack Integration

Post by TimG »

Thanks terk, that all makes sense. I expected the first direct DS to have issues, so tried it on a different server pc. My normal BI5 installation is still working OK.

I use Splashtop inside the house for all pc to pc work, but do use OpenVPN for BI5 on my mobile phone when out of the house.

The worst issue was the blank black screen, which was exactly what I saw when I physically checked the server in the garage. I thought using the cpu rather than the gpu version would prevent that. It also stopped a network USB IR command transmitter/receiver from working so home AV control was lost. I think my main server is a bit sensitive to change, as it has a lot of home automation and media programs running on it. It may be time to learn vm's or Docker.

As for triggers, if I had used the original settings, then you would be correct, it can't show more. I had read the post by Sam and a few others, and they suggested making BI5 more sensitive, and letting DS sort out the real triggers. The DS BI5 was therefore set to be more sensitive, as it was an independent test system.

DS is presently uninstalled. I will try again when I have time.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

I have a question about Alerts with DeepStack and FaceID.

What I'm wanting to do is send the Push notification text with the name of the Photo that has been specified in the Faces section of the Facial Recognition.

for example currently what is sent when the Alert is triggered "Facial ID Match at Storage Area at %X"

what i would like to see or know if its possible to have"Facial ID Match %PHOTO NAME% at Storage Area at %X"

as you can rename the photos you add to Blue Iris, surly this is possible.

Thanks.
Wires

Post by Wires »

terk wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:12 pm I have found the DeepStack integration with BI 5.4 to be as good as the DeepStack integration with AI Tools was with the exception of the inability to mask the images. Of course I've only been running it the last few days here and I was running Ai Tools for about a year.
That was my initial thoughts as well, but if you go to the motion tab, you can have it detect motion based on regions. Just mask through there, and only the non-masked area triggers. In hindsight, this would have been the "proper" way even with AI Tools since it's not firing a bunch of images that had triggers on areas that I didn't want to trigger on.
Wires

Post by Wires »

I'm not sure if I clicked something, or one of the recent updates changed the behavior. Back on April 8th version, I would see the red lightning bolt on the time lime showing an alert, as well as an icon for "person", "car" etc. Latest versions just has a flag if I have "auto flag alerts" checked.

Anyone else see this?
terk

Post by terk »

Wires wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:35 pm That was my initial thoughts as well, but if you go to the motion tab, you can have it detect motion based on regions. Just mask through there, and only the non-masked area triggers. In hindsight, this would have been the "proper" way even with AI Tools since it's not firing a bunch of images that had triggers on areas that I didn't want to trigger on.
The masking for the trigger stops it from responding to motion outside of the highlighted areas however if a shadow moves in the highlighted area and a person happens to be in the non highlighted area it will still alert. With substreams now that can be mitigated by turning on the obscure/blackout masked areas in the motion settings so DeepStacks image it is analyzing will have that area masked but the 24/7 video won't but without substreams both will be blacked out. And the AI Tools gave the ability to keep DeepStack from analyzing that area even without blacking it out.
Wires

Post by Wires »

Ahh I see what you mean. Previously I just kept the SD streams recording 24/7 + motion triggers for AI tools. Now I keep the SD streams 24/7 and then use the HD streams for a trigger + mask. Works good enough for what I'm trying to do: force an action into my Hubitat automation controller to turn on the outside or garage lights based on person and/or car.

I do really like how the triggers show up in the timeline, and the thumbnails have which AI event it triggered on as well as confidence. I was running AI Tools as a service, and it was a bit of pain to kill the service, and run it manually to see what it thought it saw.

Very happy with this add on in my mind, and well worth the maintenance fee renewal. :)
terk

Post by terk »

I had AI Tools running as a service but when I wanted to see what it saw I didn't bother stopping the service as starting it manually never seemed to start another and I could check what I wanted then close it again without affecting the system. However whenever I wanted to add a new camera or make a change to an existing camera like masking in AI Tools I had to stop the service and restart it after for the change to take affect.

I agree I like the Integrated method far better so far as it really simplifies things.
brbeaird

Post by brbeaird »

DeepStack has been working great for me for object detection, which has been amazing for lowering false alerts for my cams prone to spiderwebs. Face recognition, on the other hand, is not there yet. For fun, I have done a ton of testing with it, even setting up my own Node server between BI and Deepstack to log each image BI is sending over to be analyzed. My current data seems to show that when you have the "additional X real time images" option enabled, BI does correctly send multiple follow-up attempts - BUT - if you have substream enabled on that camera, the subsequent images are coming from the low-res sub stream. This is a bit baffling as the first image is hi-res from the main stream. I e-mailed support just in case it's helpful info for them, but I know this is all really fresh and still being figured out.
Attachments
DSImages.jpg
DSImages.jpg (140.11 KiB) Viewed 6432 times
Dudleydogg

Post by Dudleydogg »

scoob8000 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:44 pm So what am I missing. I installed DS, and set up one camera to use it. I got it to where I can see it analyzing triggered clips, but always comes back with nothing found. Even cranking the confidence way down, the clips still come back and say "nothing found".

Looking thru my alert images, some definitely have people, cars, and dogs in them.

Edit: I had face detection on, but no faces set up. I turned off facial recognition and it seems to be working now.

Another question though. I have my triggers set to pre-trigger video buffer of 2s. Does that affect the alert image that DS uses?
Thank YOU could not figure out wanted to pitch the AI tool the Integration is working slightly better than the AI tool. I disabled FACE and everything kicked in.