Unexpected behaviour cut video

jeyking

Unexpected behaviour cut video

Post by jeyking »

I've setup a few camera's to record continous from 0:00 to 05:30. To prevent these recordings from absorbing a large part of the available drive space, I fastforward the clips and if nothing strange appears, just delete them. To just throw away the nightly recordings and leave the possibly combined triggered recordings (following from 05:30 AM) untouched, I increased the default 4 GB limit and decreased the default clip duration limit to 5 hrs 30 mins for my nightly profile (also 0:00 to 05:30 AM), but to my surprise this results in clips that are cut exactly at 04:00 AM, without reaching the clip size limit. If I just increase the size limit to 5 GB (recordings takes about a little more than 4 GB, if no spider decides to spin his web :evil:) BI seems to ignore that and stays cutting at 4 GB. Any thoughts?

Edit:
Last night the cutting time was 02:00 AM. For each camera the first clip is <= 2,1 GB.

While for sure this is a bug, is there a way to report them?
jeyking

Re: Unexpected behaviour cut video

Post by jeyking »

After a night with recordings just doing as told, also for the Active profile I decreased the clip duration limit to 5,5 hours, because otherwise triggered recordings after 5:30 but before 8:00 AM are appended to continous night recordings, probably because the default time limit of 8 hours for profile Active has priority above the time limit set for the night profile. (I would think that after 5,5 hours the clip is closed for writing, but apparently it isn't.)
However, last night the cut time for all four camera's was 3:30 AM. For none the size limit was reached. Two of them started recording at 0:00 AM, two of them were triggered just a few minutes before midnight and the continous recording was appended to those few minutes. So, there was no reason to end the clip before 5:30 AM or a few minutes before that time.