Video Cutting During Motion

MethodAgent

Video Cutting During Motion

Post by MethodAgent »

Hi everyone. I am having an issue with a Hikvision DS-2CD7585G0-IZHS camera on my system where it will detect motion, record for 3 seconds and then jump to 10 seconds later. I checked the footage on the SD card in the camera itself and it looks fine so I don't think this is a camera issue. My other 8 cameras on the system are working fine. I have the Break Time on the camera set to 60 seconds and Pre-trigger to 5.0 seconds. It is detecting the motion just fine, but it is not respecting the 60 second requirement. I included some screen shots. Any ideas?
Attachments
Record.PNG
Record.PNG (47.44 KiB) Viewed 5858 times
Motion.PNG
Motion.PNG (57.45 KiB) Viewed 5858 times
Trigger.PNG
Trigger.PNG (32.64 KiB) Viewed 5858 times
MethodAgent

Re: Video Cutting During Motion

Post by MethodAgent »

I just realized, that this only happens for night motion triggers. During the day BI does not have the issue. I use the same profile at day and night so nothing fancy there.
TimG

Post by TimG »

What are your I-frame settings for the camera ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MethodAgent

Post by MethodAgent »

I will look for that. I don’t recall seeing that setting anywhere in the interface.
MethodAgent

Post by MethodAgent »

I checked in the camera itself and it is set to 30. See screenshots from my system.
Attachments
BI_Status.PNG
BI_Status.PNG (33.66 KiB) Viewed 5838 times
Video.PNG
Video.PNG (33.86 KiB) Viewed 5838 times
HV_Video.PNG
HV_Video.PNG (16.38 KiB) Viewed 5838 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

The BI5 Status menu - FPS/Key info shows the results of the settings you have made on the camera. BI5 help states "Key" should be between 0.5 and 1, but for your licence plate camera it is showing 20.21/0.21 i.e 20.21 FPS and "Key" (I-frame) of 0.21

What doesn't fit is your screenshot showing the camera gui with 30FPS and I-frame = 30, which should give BI5 Key = 1. Did the settings change between the screen shots ? Basically you adjust the camera settings to get BI5 Key between 0.5 and 1.

Please note that you have H265+ on, which will not be good for BI5 and could be part of the problem. Set that for OFF for best compatibility with BI5.
Forum Moderator.
MethodAgent

Post by MethodAgent »

Thank you. I went through and driopped all my cameras to H.264 and adjusted the I Frame to match the FPS in the camera and set teh FPS to match in BI. The status screen shows a lot better for most cameras. My Frontyards are a little different because they are a dual camera in one housing. However, my license plate camera still seems to not be at the right rate. Is there any manual adjustment I can do to get to the right number?
Attachments
Hik_Video.PNG
Hik_Video.PNG (25.59 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
BI_Status_2.PNG
BI_Status_2.PNG (27.46 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

I went through and driopped all my cameras to H.264
You can use H265, but not the "High" or "+" modes, which are made to work better with the manufacturers NVR, but break standard functionality. H264 will increase the network usage and the hard drive space for the same length recording, but may drop cpu usage. Note that you can't use "High" or "+" modes with H264 either. As for FPS and I-frame (Key), it's a matter of trying it to see what works for you.

Your License Plate camera appears to be set at 30 FPS and 30 I frame interval, but is showing as 5.65 FPS in BI5. Try changing back to H265, not +, and where it shows "Profile", see if there is a "Baseline" setting. That should give you maximum compatibility with generic NVR systems. Save that and see if BI5 is showing the correct FPS for the camera. If that is OK, just try different numbers in "I Frame Interval" & save, then check the value of "Key" in BI5.
Forum Moderator.
MethodAgent

Post by MethodAgent »

I really appreciate your help. I tried setting it to H.265 (no plus). There was no baseline profile available. In H.264, I was able to set to a Basic Profile. When the camera resets it seems to start at aobut 20FP (even when set to 30) and then slowly drops to hover around 13-16FPS.

I am starting to think this might be performance related. I disabled 4 of my 8 cameras and was able to get that single camera up to about 20FPS. Still it is supposed to be 30FPS. This is a brand new computer I am running this on with an i7-10700T 2.00 GHz processor and 16GB of RAM. Drive is a 512GB SSD NVMe Micron 2300. With all cameras enabled it sits anywhere from 60-80% CPU, disabling half I sit about 50%. RAM is barely utilized. I don't leave the app running as I only RDP to this computer and I run BI as a service.

CPU prior to these changes to H.264 on the other cameras seemed to be lower. Are there any other settings in BI which could help decrease CPU usage? I wnt all out on the CPU so did not think it woul be a problem.
Attachments
BI_Status2.PNG
BI_Status2.PNG (28.39 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
BI_Status1.PNG
BI_Status1.PNG (30.35 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

Looking at your pictures, you don't have sub streams enabled. That takes a BIG load from the cpu if the cameras have dual streams.
Basically BI5 can do motion detection with the SD stream so uses low cpu. Then it can record the HD stream.
I can't remember - do you have all cameras recording direct to disk ?
Forum Moderator.