Missing very obvious motions

jeyking

Re: Missing very obvious motions

Post by jeyking »

jeyking wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:28 pm CPU/RAM is about 30%/1,3 GB, so it runs like a charm.
I haven’t played with it, but I’m fairly sure you can take a clip and run it through the trigger settings to see how it should have triggered at different settings.
What makes you think so? Would be great if it is so, though.

Found it: In the playback viewer right click the scrubber and check 'Test run video through motion detector'
jeyking

Post by jeyking »

atreyu wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:01 pm How to trial run clips for motion detection: https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=580
I will surely play around with this option
CPU sounds right, but used memory seems low. Maybe I run a poorly configured Win10 but I couldn’t imagine a plain install of win10 alone using that little memory. I’ll check at home, but my work computer has soaked up 10GB for just outlook and some spreadsheets.
10 GB seems ridiculous much to me.
True, Rectangles won’t help you know what isn’t triggered, but it does to help know how it is being triggered.
Yeah right, that's also true. I think most missed triggers were caused by focussing to much at size and contrast, and less at travel distance. Imagining what is about 100 pixels for that certain camera, makes you realize some motion can easily stay within that radius, within the make time. Also I had the wrong perception of the word 'object'. It made me think of cars and other large stuff, rather than just a person walking by. So, there was less awareness of the relevance of these settings, concerning missed motions of people.
As for TimG’s comment that there are tons of options and easy to get it messed up, you can create a new camera using an existing used video source to “start over” on the settings and see if that helps. The JesseWeb link above does well to describe a basic and optimized camera configuration.
I'll keep that in mind.
jeyking

Post by jeyking »

atreyu wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:00 am 14GB of 24 memory used. 2.7GB by BI alone. It’s also running home assistant and an AI for image detection. Humph!
One of my camera's is 4 MP, the rest 2 MP, all running @ 10 FPS, and also a very humble monitor.