Skip Win Login + BI Auto-Start after Shutdown

Somebody

Skip Win Login + BI Auto-Start after Shutdown

Post by Somebody »

If there is a power outage or the PC is restarted, I was hoping that Windows and BI would start up again and begin recording on it's own but I'm having no success.

The 1st hurdle is Windows. I cannot find a way to have it skip the login like it does on my other PC. Run -> netplwiz screen does not bring up the option for me to de-select the box, '[_] Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.' I still have to physically sign-in in order get Windows running.

User Account - netplwiz_800.png
User Account - netplwiz_800.png (76.71 KiB) Viewed 3479 times

The 2nd hurdle is BI Startup. I can not get it to start up automatically with windows. I also have to physically click to get it going and to start recording.

Blue Iris Settings - Startup_800.png
Blue Iris Settings - Startup_800.png (175.9 KiB) Viewed 3479 times

What am I doing wrong?
RussellS

Re: Skip Win Login + BI Auto-Start after Shutdown

Post by RussellS »

With regards to automatically logging in to Windows it would appear that the May 2020 update for Windows 10 has broken this feature but strangely only on some systems.

Here is a link to an article regarding this issue and possible fixes. I've not tested these myself as I personally haven't suffered from this (yet).

https://www.askvg.com/fix-users-must-en ... indows-10/

I'm afraid I can't help you with the BI issue as I have only just started using it having moved over from iSpy.

Hope this helps.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

1) You do NOT need to log into windows to make BI record. Just set BI to run as a service and it will auto start recording. Just because the UI isn't running doesn't mean it is not recording.

2) To make the machine auto start after a power outage you can set the BiOS to auto start on power resumption.

Works like a champ.

If you want the UI to come up, you'll need to hack around a bit.
jtaps

Post by jtaps »

If you do not want to run BI as a service, you can start it from a batch file when your computer starts.

using a text editor, write the following (assuming you have the executable in c:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5 folder):

cd\
cd Program Files
cd Blue Iris 5
START BlueIrisAdmin.exe

Save file as xxxx.bat in C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Now go into Task Manager, Startup tab and be sure to enable your new batch file