Main screen layout

MikeBwca

Re: Main screen layout

Post by MikeBwca »

lol. Wow. Who would have thunk! So easy!
Goldstein

Post by Goldstein »

Exactly this. I just started using blue iris and functionally it’s excellent but I can’t believe how poor the camera view options are compared to the hikvision nvr, which is what I’m coming from. And the hikvision was certainly nothing great. BI is certainly 1000% better other than this.
jelli23898 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:10 am From a development point of view, I can understand that they haven't touched the current screen layout method, the may think that it is fine as it is, or they want to update it but due to the heap of other development in version 5, they just didn't get to it.

I would love to see the layout UI updated, both to create more layouts, and also to make the camera layout method easier. I find that the current method is quite hard to get the camera I want into the exact location that I want it. It always feels like one of those slide puzzles where you have to slide things around in order to eventually end up with the order that you are looking for. Complicating this is that UI3 uses the order of cameras configured in the main console but not always the same layout (e.g. if not all cameras shown in the main console are shown in UI3).

I've always wanted the ability to configure it by visually selecting a screen layout (a little diagram showing what a 3-up etc looks like), and then being able to drag and drop the camera that I want into each of the different squares. Plus being able to have multiple tabs for the main monitor with each tab able to have a different layout, and the same camera able to be configured into each of the tabs. e.g. I might want to have my main driveway camera in the same location on every tab, but have a tab for driveway and carpark, and another tab for driveway and office spaces.

A mockup of what I am talking about.... I hope it is clear what I mean.

blueiris-mockup.png
Millstone

Post by Millstone »

Yes it doesn't even stack up to Smart PSS but I'm sure it will get more flexible in future versions. Hoping for more flexibility in the web UI...
abraxasBL

Post by abraxasBL »

My camera window and clip windows are both full screen, can't have both back at the same time anymore.
double clicking on the header bar does not seem to work.
perplexing
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

abraxasBL wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 pm My camera window and clip windows are both full screen, can't have both back at the same time anymore.
double clicking on the header bar does not seem to work.
perplexing
'ESC" key?
lombana

Post by lombana »

jelli23898 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:10 am From a development point of view, I can understand that they haven't touched the current screen layout method, the may think that it is fine as it is, or they want to update it but due to the heap of other development in version 5, they just didn't get to it.

I would love to see the layout UI updated, both to create more layouts, and also to make the camera layout method easier. I find that the current method is quite hard to get the camera I want into the exact location that I want it. It always feels like one of those slide puzzles where you have to slide things around in order to eventually end up with the order that you are looking for. Complicating this is that UI3 uses the order of cameras configured in the main console but not always the same layout (e.g. if not all cameras shown in the main console are shown in UI3).

I've always wanted the ability to configure it by visually selecting a screen layout (a little diagram showing what a 3-up etc looks like), and then being able to drag and drop the camera that I want into each of the different squares. Plus being able to have multiple tabs for the main monitor with each tab able to have a different layout, and the same camera able to be configured into each of the tabs. e.g. I might want to have my main driveway camera in the same location on every tab, but have a tab for driveway and carpark, and another tab for driveway and office spaces.

A mockup of what I am talking about.... I hope it is clear what I mean.

blueiris-mockup.png
Yes old post but a new user here moving over from vivotek vast 2 where I was used to being able to configure the screen layout based on dropping cams into preset grids... I guess that after 2 years this isn't a priority... I'll make due but this would be perfect because it seems that BI just likes to drag stuff around to where it thinks you want it (like Apple, they tell you want you want) JK... thanks!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi lombana,

Send a message to Support. It may make it onto their list.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.