UI3 Live View Tiled Cameras Display Resolution

bbdude

UI3 Live View Tiled Cameras Display Resolution

Post by bbdude »

I have 4 Annke C-800 (= Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I) 4K cameras. The cameras are interfaced via a POE switch to a dedicated PC (located in a bedroom closet) running BlueIris. When I am at home and I want to check the cameras, I use the a separate desktop PC in my home office, running UI3. All PC's in the house are connected to wired Gigabit Ethernet. I have the UI3 on the office PC set to 2160p (4K) for viewing any single camera full screen. BTW the monitor on the office PC is a 27 inch 2560 x 1440 display. This provides great resolution and detail for viewing 1 camera at a time.

My question is: how can I increase the resolution of the tiled multi-camera view (in my case 4 cameras shown)? This resolution is much lower for some reason. I cannot find a setting that deals with the tiled view.
athlonxp

Re: UI3 Live View Tiled Cameras Display Resolution

Post by athlonxp »

bbdude wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:45 pm My question is: how can I increase the resolution of the tiled multi-camera view (in my case 4 cameras shown)? This resolution is much lower for some reason. I cannot find a setting that deals with the tiled view.

This is a bit hidden in "Group settings":
set1.PNG
set1.PNG (51.7 KiB) Viewed 2102 times

You can enter custom resolutions by simply typing numbers to "Specify frame size" field, you need to play a bit with it to find the optimum:
set2.PNG
set2.PNG (39.84 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
bbdude

Re: UI3 Live View Tiled Cameras Display Resolution

Post by bbdude »

Great thanks athlonxp. That worked !!! I set the Limit Frame Size to 2560 x 1440 (which is exactly the resolution of the Dell U2719 I am using to view UI3 at my house). Now the tiled view looks beautiful on that monitor. I have yet to see if that will impact the performance when viewing the tiled view on my cell phone ...