"check server address" error

Snakemtnvt

"check server address" error

Post by Snakemtnvt »

We are away from our home base in VT for a while (though I’m able to login to our PC remotely). A few days ago our system went down and I had someone go there and reboot it. Blue Iris is running again there, but I’m not able to login to any of the mobile devices that are listed from where we are now. When I try to connect through one of those devices I get an error message “Unable to make connection; check server address”. But nothing has changed in that regard. What should I do?
TimG

Re: "check server address" error

Post by TimG »

Hi, is it possible that the router has changed your home IP address ? Do you have a static home IP address or do you have DDNS set up ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

If you can still log in remotely, check the BI webserver WAN address. click refresh and see if it changes. Make a note of the address, and update the address on your mobile devices.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes, I'm thinking (with the limited information that we have) that the OP may be logging in to the home pc with Teamviewer or Splashtop (Other software is available) i.e. software that doesn't need a static home IP address. Do a "What is my IP" search on the home pc to see if the home IP has changed.

It is now 8 days since Snakemtnvt posted, so this may be yet another single post. Snakemtmvt: Let us know if you fixed it, then we can help the next person with a similar issue 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.