cameras config file?

raytravel

cameras config file?

Post by raytravel »

I can not boot win10 anymore so I need to reinstall win10 and BI5 on new hard drive.
Question: If I can read files on my old drive, via usb docking station. is there a file to look for that saved all the cameras' config info?
I had to tweak some settings to get working but I did not backup everything.
Thanks,
Ray
TimG

Re: cameras config file?

Post by TimG »

Hi raytravel,

I believe they are in the registry. It may be possible to retrieve them from there :shock:

May be install BI on the new drive and look where the registry keys are kept then copy them over from the other drive. Some experimentation and a lot of time and back ups may help.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Yes the parameters are kept in the registry. If you've done recent upgrades, BI could/should have made backup registry files for your config. My auto-export settings are definitely configured but I'm not sure if they are by default or not.

Mine are stored here:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\autoexport
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi raytravel,

Did you manage to do this ? Your answers may help those who's computers fail in the future :D
Forum Moderator.
yorlik

Post by yorlik »

I do not have that subdirectory. I cannot find backup config files: I added a wyze v3 RTSP camera and it broke my bi v5! It loadeds, shows cameras view 3 second then crashes. Help me find config backups?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I don't have it either, so I think that was set up manually by Matts1984. In my BI5 settings/ About, it shows "Auto Export", which I have ticked, and set to C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5

If yours is the same, do you have any backup.reg files in that folder ? If yes, then double click the file that is older than the problem and that will add the contents back in to the registry. Alternatively look up Sam's help files on the forum, as he explains how to remove the cameras from the registry if you have a major problem.
Forum Moderator.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

You might be right on that, my apologies for misleading. I assumed it was the default but perhaps the default = where you pick. Searching for a .reg in the BI directory should help.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
yorlik

Post by yorlik »

I FOUND THE WYZE v3 rtsp PROBLEM

EASY work around for now: disable audio in that cameras setting. It is the enabled audio that crashes bi.

I alerted wyze & bi. wyze has not bothered to reply but Sam from bi did and is looking into it. Thanks Sam.