Record SD then on trigger record HD?

Daziaus

Record SD then on trigger record HD?

Post by Daziaus »

Apart from creating another camera stream ie: 1x SD 24/7 Recording and on motion trigger, another camera setup from the same camera to record HD. Is there another method using just the single camera?

I know that you can create a camera and record the dual stream which I am currently doing, but it is possible to NOT record the HD stream 24/7 and only upgrade the SD stream to HD stream upon motion trigger? Could use the RAM for HD recording within 10 seconds of the motion trigger and apply it to the file as this is how it is normally for HD motion triggered streams?
MikeBwca

Re: Record SD then on trigger record HD?

Post by MikeBwca »

Not that I'm aware of.

Try this...
1. Define the camera again as a separate HD stream.
2. Set this camera to record on trigger, without any motion detection. So essentially, the HD camera will never record on it's own.
3. Set the SD camera to trigger the HD camera.

You could also use profiles is you want to change the triggering and/or recording.
jondwalters

Post by jondwalters »

I have mine set up this way. There's no clean way to do it now. In one of the recent webinars, Ken mentioned that it is in the works however.

I have a clone of my camera that is set to the substream recording 24/4. My regular camera only records on motion in HD. You need a duplicate of your camera to make this work.
atreyu

Post by atreyu »

jondwalters wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:59 pm I have mine set up this way. There's no clean way to do it now. In one of the recent webinars, Ken mentioned that it is in the works however.

I have a clone of my camera that is set to the substream recording 24/4. My regular camera only records on motion in HD. You need a duplicate of your camera to make this work.
Could you share a link and possibly time stamp? I would love to hear more about this. Thanks!