Schedule relative to sunrise/sunset

BruceH

Schedule relative to sunrise/sunset

Post by BruceH »

Can someone please explain how this setting works when you select the check box, you also need to set a time, I am trying to figure out what the AM and PM are for and how the time set relates to the sunrise or sunset times

What I want to do is take a snapshot every hour between sunrise and sunset, I do not have the night vision enabled on the camera so there is no reason to snapshot a black screen!

Thanks
MikeBwca

Re: Schedule relative to sunrise/sunset

Post by MikeBwca »

This can be involved! In this example, I'll use profile 3.
If I'm missing anything, or, anyone finds mistakes in this, please feel free to correct. I'm not FM!

1. Go to BI settings, Schedules tab.

2. Enter the Latitude & Longitude of where you are. You can click the 'Pin' to open a Google map to your location and fine tune it.
If the Pin does not work, open Google maps and go to your location. At the top of the screen will be the Lat/Lon.
After entering tis, you will see the two Sunrise/Sunset half yellow circles appear at the top of the schedule days area.

3. Go to a cameras settings, Schedule tab.

4. Select 'Override global schedule...'.

5. Select 'Also ignore manual global profile overrides'.
This will allow this one camera to have a different profile than the others.

6. Click the 'Days' button until all days are selected, or, just he days you want.

7. Select the profile you want to use for this camera

8. Drag out the times you want this profile to be active.

9. Select the 'Relative to sunrise/sunset' box.

10. Click the 'Pointer/pin' at the Sunrise icon and drag it either before or after sunrise. It will tell you the offset and time for the current day. Do the same for Sunset.
For example, at sunrise, you may want to adjust a relative time to start 20 minutes before sunrise to catch first-light. And, 30 minutes after sunset to catch last-light.
See examples below...

11. You would need to set your settings you want to override your normal setts, to use profile 3.

Sunrise...
Sunrise.png
Sunrise.png (35.22 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
Sunset...
Sunset.png
Sunset.png (35.1 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

That is a great explanation, but I don't see where I can relate that to doing a snapshot on interval basis.

I have been setting the screen shots up in this screen, which I get to by clicking on the event schedule button!
2021-03-04.png
2021-03-04.png (62.81 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
Perhaps there is a better way to do this?

What I would like to be able to do is take a snapshot just after sunrise then one every hour until just before sunset when I take the last one for the day, even if it was not a full hour since the last one. At the moment I only want to do this on one camera!

I still don't fully understand how the relative to sunrise/sunset settings work on this screen
2021-03-04 (1).png
2021-03-04 (1).png (167.69 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
This shows a snapshot at 7 am with a relative to Sunrise setting, does this mean that it will take a snapshot at 7 am if it is after sunrise, but not take one if it is before sunrise? Or does it do something else completely different?

Thanks
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Yes, there is another way. You be the judge if this is easier. The way you have it sill work. The way described below, BI will automatically take snapshots between the times you specify.

Before making these changes, please Export the cameras settings. This will make it easier to revert back (by importing) in case things so wacky.

For that one camera...

1. Set a schedule between Sunset and Sunrise for a profile, like I described above. Name the Profile 'Snapshots' to make it more descriptive, in BI settings 'Profiles'. Make sure both 'Override global schedule...' AND 'Also ignore manual...' checkboxes are checked.

2. In the 'Record Tab', change to that profile, then...
- Check the 'JPEG snapshot each' box, and specify the 'mm.ss'. The format is actually 'h.mm.s'. If you want snapshots each minute, specify '1:00.00'
- Uncheck 'Only when triggered'.

3. Specify the folder to put the snapshots in, by selecting 'Folder'. Define folders in BI settings 'Clips and archiving'.

These Snapshot settings are in addition to the way you have the 'Video' set to. If you do not want video during this the time Snapshots are taken, uncheck the 'Video' checkbox'.

If you've set the cameras Schedule correctly, this camera will switch to the 'snapshot' profile, and take snapshots each interval until sunrise. Then switch back to video.