Version 5 on Windows 7 PC

Mikeuk

Version 5 on Windows 7 PC

Post by Mikeuk »

Hi I am currently running Blues Iris 4.8.6.3x64 on a Windows 7 pc, I am eligible to upgrade to Version 5 I just wondered if anyone is using version 5 on a windows 7 PC.
Is it easy to upgrade or are they issues I need to lookout for will it keep all my settings.
Thank you
TimG

Re: Version 5 on Windows 7 PC

Post by TimG »

Hi Mikeuk,

There was talk at the BI4 to BI5 transition that Win7 would no longer be supported, but I think it was decided to keep it going. I guess that info disappeared with the great forum crash when all posts were lost.
I think you have a few options:
1. Send an email to support.
2. Start another thread with an even more direct title like "Does BI5 work on Win7".
3. Back up pc, then try it and see but look for posts about doing it. I think it involved exporting settings etc. It was a long time ago. I think Redawg did some posts about it.
4. Why not update to Win10? Is it still free from Win7?
Last edited by TimG on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Microsoft still permits free upgrades from Win7 to Win10 assuming your Win7 license is legit. They have intentionally not shut this ability down even after the time window expired because they'd rather have the Windows 10 users than the end of life systems out there. Not knowing your hardware, though Win10 does tend to run pretty well on systems, I have to recommend doing that upgrade first. It's time to make the leap.

https://www.techradar.com/news/ahead-of ... -to-get-it

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-down ... 7-is-dead/
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
Mikeuk

Post by Mikeuk »

Thanks for all your advice looks like windows 10 first then