User name and password roadblock. Unable to log in for first time.

miogpsrocks

User name and password roadblock. Unable to log in for first time.

Post by miogpsrocks »

Hello.

I thought I had posted about this before but I can't find my post so maybe I imagined it or it was posted on a different forum.

Anyway, I'm trying to use blueIris 5 for the first time and its asking be for a user name and password.

I am logging in as administrator but this message is still appearing.

Also, I tried to email support but I got an automated reply saying that I can only email them from inside the actual software. Problem is that I can't get into the software to email them about the problem with being unable to log in the software.

Please help.

Thanks.
TimG

Re: User name and password roadblock. Unable to log in for first time.

Post by TimG »

Hi,

Did you sort this ? I don't really understand the question, as I don't need a user/pass just to start BI5 (Win10 20H2). I do need to set them up for remote usage with mobile phones etc. Can you show a screen shot of what is happening and add some PC/OS details ?

As for emailing only from within the software, unless that just popped up with the latest version, it doesn't usually work like that. I regularly send emails to support, and the only thing I need from within the BI5 program is to click on the "Email Support" button, which simply copies your licence and general details to the clipboard; you then paste that info into a normal email to be sent to support@blueirissoftware.com

If you can't open BI5, just add your name and licence details at the top of the email.

Let us know how we can help. I have found BI5 to be an excellent program, and it get's better every day :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jkimbro01

Post by jkimbro01 »

Did you get an answer to this? I have the same issue. After an upgrade it now brings up a request for user/ login screen. I've never set one!
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I've never run into this problem. Perhaps it is a Windows User credential in order to run as admin or something.

Has the Windows User Account changed?