Third party control question: auto-cycle not working as expected

HawthorneIS

Third party control question: auto-cycle not working as expected

Post by HawthorneIS »

I have an install where the BI computer is in a rack, and feeds a distribution amp with its HDMI out. The idea is so the customer can view his cameras on the house TVs, and control them with the same RTI system that controls the video distribution. I'm using an authenticated HTTP driver on the RTI, and send the following commands to go fullscreen on the HDMI out to the TVs (using PTZ1 for my example, there are 5 of them):

/admin?camera=PTZ1&fullscreen=1
/admin?camera=PTZ1&solo=1

This works perfectly, and the customer can then use his remote to operate the PTZ controls with /admin?camera=PTZ1&ptz=(x).

Here's where it fell apart for me. He then asked me to make a button to have the cameras cycle, and then stop cycling again when one is explicitly selected. I got the cycling to work by putting the following command s in:

/admin?camera=PTZ1&fullscreen=1
/admin?camera=PTZ1&autocycle=1

But I can't make it stop. I tried /admin?camera=PTZ1&autocycle=0, but not only did it not stop cycling, when I went back into the server, that camera showed the autocycle button still checked off. I had to go out of fullscreen, then uncheck it. So, for the time being, I just deleted the cycle button on his remote.

I'm sure it's something I am missing about how autocycle works. I'm either putting it in the mode incorrectly, or missing something to get it out, and would appreciate any ideas on it.