"No signal" errors?

Hilikus

"No signal" errors?

Post by Hilikus »

I have been suffering "no signal" error from stream that have been working solid until last week. My cameras are working normally when using them with cameras own app. They are online, they have ip address. For some reason blue iris shows them as "no signal" until connection is restored for some reason (according blue iris log). This happens multiple times per day. I have 7 cameras and they all are doing exactly the same.

I'm running version 5.3.8.12.

This is what my log file says:

Anyone else having same issues and could it be something with the version I'm using?
Attachments
signal.JPG
signal.JPG (29.78 KiB) Viewed 8389 times
cam.JPG
cam.JPG (20.76 KiB) Viewed 8389 times
nandobarreto

Re: "No signal" errors?

Post by nandobarreto »

Many similar cases on the forum, seems to be a bug on BI 5.
So far no reply from support.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

I've been suffering from that same issue from day one 3 years ago, but its not a BI issue. I have Amcrest cameras and I've had BI4 and BI5, I had to put WIFI plugs on all of my cameras and I automatically cycle power on them 2-3 times a day. I've even gone as far as putting a WIFI repeater withing 15' of the WIFI camera and that didn't help either. The WIFI plug is the only way that I could get them half way reliable, my Amcrest cameras drop off of the network quite often. And its not just one camera, its all 3 cameras. Two cameras were purchased together, one was purchased at a different time which kinda eliminates blaming it on one particular run of manufacturing.
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

LyndMc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:49 pm I've been suffering from that same issue from day one 3 years ago, but its not a BI issue. I have Amcrest cameras and I've had BI4 and BI5, I had to put WIFI plugs on all of my cameras and I automatically cycle power on them 2-3 times a day. I've even gone as far as putting a WIFI repeater withing 15' of the WIFI camera and that didn't help either. The WIFI plug is the only way that I could get them half way reliable, my Amcrest cameras drop off of the network quite often. And its not just one camera, its all 3 cameras. Two cameras were purchased together, one was purchased at a different time which kinda eliminates blaming it on one particular run of manufacturing.
Have you tried with a different software?
In my case my cameras are hikvision compatible, on the hikvision software the cameras work flawless, only in BI i'm having problems.
All my cameras are cabled
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

My cameras are wifi connected. When they crap out, they crap out in both BI5 and Amcrest Pro. Cycling power is the only thing that brings them back.
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

They dont have RJ45 connection? you should try cabled connection to see if the problem continues
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

I have RJ45 connectors but no way to route cabling due to the cameras locations. I was lucky enough to be able to get power to them.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Signal loss is, unfortunately, par for the course with wifi cameras. I've never used one that was as solid as a wired connection (and I wouldn't expect one to be).

I use mostly wired cams, with 2 wifi cameras that cover non-crtical zones. The wifi cams drop and recover signal with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes they're solid for days and days, sometimes they drop and reconnect 25 times a day.

The point is that you will never have a solid, reliable connection over wifi. If you use wifi cams, this is just going to be something you'll probably have to put up with.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I have an Amcrest wifi (841B?) cam that also has an RJ45 port on it.

On wifi it would drop in and out for no apparent reason. It's literally only about 10 feet from the router, right underneath it on the floor below. There's a massively strong signal there, 100% saturation and yet the Amcrest would still connect and disconnect whenever it felt like it.

So, I eventually ran cable to it. On the wired connection it's rock solid all the time, 24/7. Hasn't dropped signal in months and months.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
tiger094

Post by tiger094 »

VIDEO LOSS FIX

I was haveing issues with video cutting out for a sec , (rainbow screen) then back to normal. This would happen approx every 10 min. On top of that, every 10 days approx I would get a solid gray screen with error 8000274c that I could not fix. I would have to delete then add the cam back. I tried all the fixes recommended with no luck. To fix the problem I uninstalled Blue Iris 5.3 using the uninstaller. Problem is, the uninstaller does not completely remove all files. You will have to manually delete blue iris registry files and program files by doing a windows search. Searching the internet, I was able to find earlier versions of BI. I downloaded and installed blue iris 4.6. Problem solved. I have been stable since doing this. I may try upgrading at a later date, but looks like blue iris 5 has a bug causing video loss.
My cam is an Amcrest IP2m-858W running on wifi to my win 10 desktop pc.