blueiris 5.3.8.9 and license key missing after little time

pumo

blueiris 5.3.8.9 and license key missing after little time

Post by pumo »

I upgraded manually by downloading package from here because in blueiris software it didnt work.
yesterday after upgrade all cameras had this blue text "evaluation version" I did deactivate and reactive again which went succesfully.
today it was again as evaluation version.
What is wrong this software and how to fix it ?
pumo

Re: blueiris 5.3.8.9 and license key missing after little time

Post by pumo »

I did uninstall whole blueiris and reinstalled from blueiris page, version is now 5.3.8.12 and samething. even it asked activation key after installation it was unregistered when started.
I emailed to support so lets see what will happen..
TimG

Post by TimG »

Duplicate post. Delete me !
Last edited by TimG on Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi,

Do you have an active support package or was the BI5 purchased within the last twelve months ? If not, you may only be allowed to install the version that was live when your subscription ran out. It isn't clear how to figure out which version that may be or how to get it, and this scenario is happening too often.

If you do have an active subscription, then please let us know what support tell you.

The other way to break BI5 is to give your licence details to somebody else so they can try it. That will ensure you get de-registered :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Willy235536

Post by Willy235536 »

Hello, Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue after doing an update. Now all my streams say "Blue Iris Evaluation Version. My basic support expired in September of last year but I have never known that to be an issue with updates unless something new has occurred.
JoachimJ

Post by JoachimJ »

Hello,
I have the same issue too. My support expired last moonth, I updated the software with the last minor update. The activation with my licence key works, but everyday at midnight, the software is in Demo Mode. I just need to reactivate everyday.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This is so annoying. Obviously was resolved. But no update oh how. (Shhhhhhhhhh... It's a secret)

I've re installed BI many times, and, have migrated to a new desktop. No issues.

If your migrating to a new machine...

On your old (existing machine)...
1. Export BI settings.
2. Not necessary, but, to be safe, export each camera.
3. Copy all the exported .reg files in the BI programs folder to your new machine.
4. IMPORTANT: Deactivte BI on your old machine.

On your new machine.
1. Install BI.
2. Enter your license when asked.
3. Copy the BI exported .reg files into the BI Programs folder.
4. Import the BI settings.
5. Shutdown/Start BI. Should be licensed and okay.

Corrections/comments welcome.

It would be nice if BI had a migration option. Could also be used when re-imaging the same machine. I've made a feature request for this.
This would...
- Deactivate
- Build a file containing the BI reg settings, and, BI folder. Either .zip or proprietary .exe.
Then, move the file to the new machine, and simply run. It would reinstall BI on the new machine and register. Done.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

The problem you guys/gals are having with updates and eval version is that once your support expires you can’t update BI with a version of the update that came out after your support expired.

If you go to the downloads option, select the drop down and select a version that was released prior to your support expiring and install that version. Should resolve the issue.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thanks for clarifying that. Makes sense now.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Just to add to this, the drop down does include the date, so this really is easy.

You could of course get extended support so that you can use newer versions - it's up to you.

FWIW: I have just moved BI5 from my i5-3330 server onto a new build i7-8700k server with Win11 and it does work following the instructions above. cpu down from 19% to 3% using d2d and intel HA. Smoooooth 8-)
Forum Moderator.