deleted Version 5, Version 4 keeps asking for a license. License doesn't work. Any ideas?

vlasllow

deleted Version 5, Version 4 keeps asking for a license. License doesn't work. Any ideas?

Post by vlasllow »

I installed Version 5, opened it as a demo. Decided to uninstall it. Now, Version 4 keeps asking for my license. I supply my license, but it won't take it.
Any ideas on getting my Version 4 to work?
TimG

Re: deleted Version 5, Version 4 keeps asking for a license. License doesn't work. Any ideas?

Post by TimG »

Hi vlasllow,

That sounds like one for email support support@blueirissoftware.com

I know that BI5 uses the BI4 licence, and then the BI4 licence is no longer valid, and it sounds like you have triggered this. Have you tried adding your licence to BI5 to see if that works ? BI5 is working very well here.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
shiggs68

Re: deleted Version 5, Version 4 keeps asking for a license. License doesn't work. Any ideas?

Post by shiggs68 »

TimG wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:37 am Hi vlasllow,

That sounds like one for email support support@blueirissoftware.com

I know that BI5 uses the BI4 licence, and then the BI4 licence is no longer valid, and it sounds like you have triggered this. Have you tried adding your licence to BI5 to see if that works ? BI5 is working very well here.
If you read the original post, he uninstalled Version 5. That makes it a little hard to input the license there.
AleksB

Post by AleksB »

I just ran into this and the fix was easy though non-intuitive.

I was trying to use the renewal key I had recently received for BI4 and seeing this same message. I had to go back and grab the initial activation license key from when I first purchased BI and enter that, afterwards it worked as expected.

Aleks
vlasllow

Post by vlasllow »

I guess I need better license control. Finding the "real" license among them was more difficult than I thought. Found it. All's well.
Thanks for the replies.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi shiggs68,
If you read the original post, he uninstalled Version 5. That makes it a little hard to input the license there.
Thank you for your insult. I would suggest you try ipcamstalk where you will be welcomed by like minded people.

My suggestion implied that he should re-install BI5 to see if the licence worked there. This is a nice forum for nice people.

AleksB and vlasllow: Excellent news :D
Forum Moderator.
shiggs68

Post by shiggs68 »

Sorry if you took it as an insult. It was not meant to be. Just reading what was written.
TimG

Post by TimG »

OK fella, I was a bit sensitive yesterday as we had to put our dog to sleep, and I'm in the middle of having a cold mixed with asthma and other respiratory troubles. Not a happy bunny :(
Forum Moderator.