Previous working Version 4

shiggs68

Previous working Version 4

Post by shiggs68 »

I have been using Version 4 for several years without a problem. Installed Version 5 in Demo mode, realized I need a new License, uninstalled Version 5.
Now Version 4 no longer starts. It appears that a background task is running but the foreground UI never displays. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Version 4 with the same results.

Very upset as Version 4 has been such a good software package and now I have a paid license with no results.

And BTW, sending email to support has resulted in no response.
TimG

Re: Previous working Version 4

Post by TimG »

Hi,

Please see my post in "deleted Version 5, Version 4 keeps asking for a license. License doesn't work. Any ideas?". I think your BI4 licence has been changed by installing BI5. If you don't have the support plan or a valid BI5 licence, then I think you will have to wait for support to get back to you. If you DO have them, then install BI5 and see if your licence is working there. If that doesn't work, then only support can unravel things like this :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
shiggs68

Post by shiggs68 »

Thanks Tim for the reply. However, if you read my post, the foreground user interface never displays. That makes it a little hard to enter a license. The same thing happen with Version 5.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

shiggs68 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 pm I have been using Version 4 for several years without a problem. Installed Version 5 in Demo mode, realized I need a new License, uninstalled Version 5.
Now Version 4 no longer starts. It appears that a background task is running but the foreground UI never displays. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Version 4 with the same results.

Very upset as Version 4 has been such a good software package and now I have a paid license with no results.

And BTW, sending email to support has resulted in no response.
Did you export your Registry key of your BI4 system before you upgraded....if so just delete the entire Perspective key:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software
and then restore your backup reg file. You may have issues deleting the reg key if you show a a1 folder. Just set permissions for it and then delete it.
If you never backed up your reg before, you are screwed, UNLESS you can do a system restore to before you installed BI5

Do NOT uninstall BI4 until you export your key first....the uninstall process that BI4 uses is broken and will wipe out your reg entries even if you select NO as you uninstall.
shiggs68

Post by shiggs68 »

Just to update this. As my PC was only being used for a Version 4 server, I reinstalled Window 10 and BI4, reconfigured my cameras and all is well.

I have had communications with BI Support and they are swamped with BI5 support calls. I've decided to let the BI5 upgrade set on the shelf until the problems are solved and the release is stable.

Thanks for the responses.