Clip Storage Incorrect Since Latest Update

doxymoron

Clip Storage Incorrect Since Latest Update

Post by doxymoron »

I am having an issue where BI is deleting days worth of video thinking I am out of space, this started with the latest update. I've had my clip storage settings set for a long time with no issues. I have a folder called Outside Today, and a folder called Outside Old. Outside Today is set to move files over a day old, to Outside Old. Outside Old is set to delete files when the space gets over 7300GB. I've attached an image of what BI is seeing. Maybe I'm confused, but it seems to be showing that I'm nearly out of space on the bottom bar graph. In reality windows shows me having 5TB free (usually this is around 300GB free). Is there something I am missing? I've never had an issue for the past few years.
BI.JPG
BI.JPG (24.43 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
BI2.JPG
BI2.JPG (11.59 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
BI3.JPG
BI3.JPG (37.53 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
doxymoron

Re: Clip Storage Incorrect Since Latest Update

Post by doxymoron »

No one else has this issue? This is the log of the deletion happening nightly:

Outside_Old Delete: 6 items 173.2G [336/4800 hrs, 7.28T/7.12T, 5.11T free]

It's showing I'm at 7.28TB used out of 7.12TB, but 5.11TB free. How is that possible?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, I don't have that issue, but have lost all of my old Alerts :(

Please send an email to Support with your issue, and let us know what they say.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
doxymoron

Post by doxymoron »

Thanks, I have sent an email to support a few days ago, just waiting to hear back. Am I correct in saying the Clip Storage page is incorrect in what it is showing for "Used by recordings"? Just wanted to make sure I'm not looking at something wrong.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

I am also losing all Alerts each time I upgrade :cry: I think the files are still there, but they disappear from the dates within Blue Iris so I'm unable to easily review footage. Will email support.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

kayfersmum wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:42 am I am also losing all Alerts each time I upgrade :cry: I think the files are still there, but they disappear from the dates within Blue Iris so I'm unable to easily review footage. Will email support.
It might be worth doing a database rebuild to see if that re-indexes them or straightens them out.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

Thank you. I did try that each time I experienced the problem I upgraded, but unfortunately didn’t work. It’s almost like it’s missing the link to those files 🤔
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Now that I look, I see my clip storage on the NAS is down to about 1/2 of the available space when it normally runs at ~99% full.

I'm not sure yet but the storage used doesn't seem to be going up, so maybe something is borked. I did a rebuild but didn't see any difference.

I've been tempted to do a fresh install of BI but everything is (mostly) working so I'm loathe to mess with it, but maybe it's time. :(
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS