BlueIris Profile revert back to profile 1 by it self

PrimaryInc

BlueIris Profile revert back to profile 1 by it self

Post by PrimaryInc »

Hi Everybody,

I've been running BI for a looong time, and just resently I've notices that when changing profile from profile nr 1 to any other profile, BI automatically revert back to profile 1 by it self.

Anyone else seen this?

I've testet to check until triggered in profile page, but not change to behaviour.

Thank you!!
MikeBwca

Re: BlueIris Profile revert back to profile 1 by it self

Post by MikeBwca »

Please refer to the BI help file, section 'Shield, Profile and Schedules', 'Run, Hold and Temporary Profiles' on page 128.

When changing profiles, BI sets the profile to 'temp' as indicated by the 'Temp/Hold/Run' icon to the right of the profile drop down selector.
Here, I've changed to profile 7. The default is 'temp' as indicated by 2 vertical yellow bars (pause icon).
2020-12-31 at 05-41-44.png
2020-12-31 at 05-41-44.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 5889 times
BI will change back to the default 'Profile 1' after the 'Temp Time' - specified in BI settings 'Profile' tab. There are other settings here also.

To set the profile to the permanent 'Run' state (red square)...
- On the BI Console... long click the icon. It will change to the red 'Hold' icon.
- On phone app, in settings, long press the profile number. The icon will change to a 'Clock' - This is the 'Run' state and the BI console will change to a red 'Hold' icon.
- In UI3... After changing profile, click the profile again and the clock will change to a red 'NOT' icon. This is the 'Hold' state and the BI console will change to a red 'Hold' icon.

Confusing?... It would be nice if the phone app and UI3 used the same icons as the BI console!
PrimaryInc

Post by PrimaryInc »

Hi @MikeBwca,

If I manually change to profile 7, I get et "paused" icon. But when selecting profile 3, 5 and 6 who Im using when when "outside" or at night.
Pause icon appears for a second, profiles changes to profile 1 and "Play" icon appear.

This did not use to be an issue, so I'm not sure if this is because of profile settings on cameras or other.
Any tips would be great :)
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Check the BI Settings, Schedules tab. What does the schedule look like? Is there anything on 'On Schedule Change'?

Also, in Profiles, is there anything in 'On change'?
PrimaryInc

Post by PrimaryInc »

Hi MikeBwca,

Schedule tab is empty, I stopped using it and use external home automation to set profiles. So it is empty:
Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 10.29.31.png
Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 10.29.31.png (213.3 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
Profiles:
Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 10.29.42.png
Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 10.29.42.png (196.41 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
I've tried to set until triggered as well, same result.
Temp time set is to "try" to make sure that nothing changes the profiles sett, 3, 5 and 6 are used to arm.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thank you for posting those captures. It helps.

The issue is the Temp time' in your profile 3, 5, and, 6. The value you have of '99999' is invalid, so when you switch to one of these profiles it changes back to Profile 1.

I confirmed this by setting my Profile 3 'Temp time' to '99999'. When I set my profile to '3', it switched back to Profile 1.

There is basically NO information on 'Temp time' in the BI help file (that I can find).
What ' Temp time' does is when the profile is switched and left at the 'temp' icon, it will stay for the minutes specified in 'Temp time', then switch back to Profile 1. I have all my profiles set at 480 (8 hours).
So, if you want a profile to stay longer than the 'Temp time', you must long press the 'Run' icon until it changed to a Red Square.
PrimaryInc

Post by PrimaryInc »

Ah, thanks @MikeBwca,

You are correct, number values is if. Is it a bit sad that inserted numbers are not validated upon save.
I tested with lower number and it works.

Thanks for your help.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This will be corrected in an upcoming update.

I opened a ticket with BI Support. The field will be limited to 6 digets. Max value '999999'. So, you must have had 7 9's, which was an invalid value.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

With Version 5.3.7.13... I can confirm the 'Temp time' field has been limited to 5 characters with a max value of '99999'.

Note:
If you enter a zero '0', the temp time will be infinite, AND, the icon will change to the HOLD red square.
StortotaV2

Post by StortotaV2 »

PrimaryInc wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:47 am
I've tried to set until triggered as well, same result.
I've been experiencing the same problem and thought I might add my findings here. It turns out that "Until triggered" actually means that the profile will be active until a camera is triggered. What happens then is the profile will revert back to profile 1 once triggered. I.e. it worsens the problem you are trying to solve.