Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

fabioped

Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

Post by fabioped »

I have been trying out blue iris, and have no issues with 3 cameras I have.
But for some reason, I just bought a E1 Pro from ReoLink, and BI is unable to render its RTSP stream.
VLC and other players have no issue with the stream, its only BI. Do you have any idea why?
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.58 KiB) Viewed 407461 times
kiyolaka

Re: Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

Post by kiyolaka »

What are your system specs? I ran into difficulty with my virtualized host with anything above 1080P.
Also can you share screenshot of your BI Network config for that camera as well as the settings on the camera itself?
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

fabioped wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:48 pm I have been trying out blue iris, and have no issues with 3 cameras I have.
But for some reason, I just bought a E1 Pro from ReoLink, and BI is unable to render its RTSP stream.
VLC and other players have no issue with the stream, its only BI. Do you have any idea why?
I have 2 Reolink E1 Pro cameras setup in BI without any issues.

What exactly is the issue you're experiencing?
lmerza

Post by lmerza »

i have the same issue. from the ipcamtalk forums they say its an issue with reolink. their cameras don't offer a steady fps so it can dip down the 1fps and make blue iris thing the stream isnt available. After debugging for weeks with resets, firmware updates, even a new router, i sold all my reolink cameras and bought something else. Seems like some people say they don't have any issues but the people who do can never get these damn things working. Not worth it.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

lmerza wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:20 am i have the same issue. from the ipcamtalk forums they say its an issue with reolink. their cameras don't offer a steady fps so it can dip down the 1fps and make blue iris thing the stream isnt available. After debugging for weeks with resets, firmware updates, even a new router, i sold all my reolink cameras and bought something else. Seems like some people say they don't have any issues but the people who do can never get these damn things working. Not worth it.
Strange. I really don't have any issues with these camera's. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones ;-)
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

lmerza wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:20 am Strange. I really don't have any issues with these camera's. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones ;-)
Same here, I have 2 RLC 420 cams and they seem to work fine. Very solid signal, no problem at all.

There's no iframe/keyframe setting in the firmware, but other than that they're decent cameras for the cost.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
sladaar

Post by sladaar »

Just to share:
I have two Reolink cameras, one E1 PRO and one RlC-410W.
With BI4 they both worked flawlessly without a single signal loss.
I upgraded to BI5 in january and i can't find the correct configuration to have them working properly. They lose signal now and then, forcing to reboot the camera (especially the RLC410).
I noticed that using http video stream (through ONVIF) cameras loses signal many more times than using directly rtsp.
Last edited by sladaar on Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

I think you're having the same problem I'm.
Im my case I have Chinese cameras 3MP, BI only show in low res, the main stream is always ignored.
Other softwares work flawless.

I'm looking for a solution as well.
irisbaer

Post by irisbaer »

Hi, is there any news here? I have the same problems with the E1 Pro. BI5 loses the connection irregularly and then at some point can no longer connect the stream. There are no problems with two 410 W from Reolink. Whether ONVIF or rstp, it makes no difference. An older EdiMax dome Cam works also well.
imrj

Post by imrj »

well i was going to get one of these cameras, now am holding off