Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

arganaz

Re: Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

Post by arganaz »

One workaround, might be lowering resolution on the camera side to 1080P
On my network have several E1 Pro and the settings vary according to signal strength, some work o with full resolution but are VERY close to the antenas, others with lower signal(about half on Reolink client app) only by reducing resolution i got them working (without artifacts and/or signal failures)

Of course this is not what I want, I do wish for a solution and suspect its related to the h264 profile on the cameras side(the one we cant change :roll: ), but it does prevent me from selling my cameras and gets the main job done ;)
Ginasio.JPG
Ginasio.JPG (25.85 KiB) Viewed 75960 times
Video.jpg
Video.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 75960 times
Configure.jpg
Configure.jpg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 75960 times
SO: win10 Pro 20H2, BI: 5.4.9.15, on i7-8559U 2.7GHz/32Gb Ram, Cams: 6xWyze Pan,1xWyze V2, 2xReolink 820A,3xReolink 520,1xReolink 520, 6xReolink E1 Pro,1xReolink E1 Zoom
margyjr

Post by margyjr »

Reolink E1 Pro setting to fix Disconnection Issues
I have been working with Reolink Support, to find some setting that will Fix Disconnection issue with Reolink E1 Pro in Blue Iris, and these setting have fixed my E1 Pro Cameras from disconnecting after 2 days, Also by setting the FPS to 17 in the camera stops the green triangIe warning! I hope these settings can Help someone else! Any Question, Just Ask!
Attachments
Reolink E1 Pro,  Camera setting - Video - Hardware decoder (DirectX (r) VA2) .jpg
Reolink E1 Pro, Camera setting - Video - Hardware decoder (DirectX (r) VA2) .jpg (210.48 KiB) Viewed 75215 times
Reolink E1 Pro Camera Setting - Cameras - Hardware accelerated decode (DirectX (r) VA2) .png
Reolink E1 Pro Camera Setting - Cameras - Hardware accelerated decode (DirectX (r) VA2) .png (59.14 KiB) Viewed 75215 times
Reolink E1 Pro, Network IP camera Configuration Settings .jpg
Reolink E1 Pro, Network IP camera Configuration Settings .jpg (217.47 KiB) Viewed 75215 times
Housewolf

Post by Housewolf »

@margyjr - THANKS!!!

We just picked up a couple of the Reolink E1 Pro's.

Using your directions, I FINALLY have he picture from the E1 Pro working on Blue Iris. Yaaaaay!!

The Directx Va2 decode was the key to get an image, for those who might follow.

But.....no pan/tilt function. It works fine in the Reolink Client app, but not in BI.

Looking for suggestions on getting this feature working. THANKS!!
Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 6.0 GB RAM 64 bit Win 7 Pro ** Reolink RLC 520, Reolink E1 Pro, Axis 221 cameras **
Blue Iris 5.4.7.11 (6/11/2021) x64 *** Location: Space Coast, Florida, USA :mrgreen:
Housewolf

Post by Housewolf »

Update!

Added another camera, same type.

This one DOES pan tilt!

SO FAR... the only difference I see is the one that has PTZ working, is still plugged into a network cable. Not on wireless yet like the other. I am going to keep experimenting.

ANY help and suggs welcome. Even the 'Reolink sux, burn them' are welcome. Gotta learn somehow.

THANKS!!
Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 6.0 GB RAM 64 bit Win 7 Pro ** Reolink RLC 520, Reolink E1 Pro, Axis 221 cameras **
Blue Iris 5.4.7.11 (6/11/2021) x64 *** Location: Space Coast, Florida, USA :mrgreen:
kogashuko

Post by kogashuko »

So I did something different. I didnt run it generic I ran it Reolink RCL-810 and it works fine. I dont have a GPU in the thing yet but it is a duel xeon server which helps.

Just to give you an idea I have a bunch of reolink cameras on the way. I have their 4k fixed and their E1. Person detection is cool so a couple are going in the front yard and backyard. I want people to see them tracking them and not feel welcome if they come at night. I also ordered one of their 4k larger motion tracking cameras and a 4k bullet. This should round out all four corners of the house and replace some of the old 720p Escams. I still have HIKVision mini domes next to each door. Using the substream has reduced CPU load significantly. I will probably take the older 720p cameras and place them in the crawl space, to monitor for leaks, the attic, and to watch the HVAC units for theives.
macster2075

Post by macster2075 »

Im actually going to get these tomorrow. I have read some of the reviews and specs on other wireless cameras and some say when using rtsp, the resolution is degraded to only 1080p.
Could this be the issue with the cameras disconnecting?
rv10guy

Post by rv10guy »

@margyjr
margyjr wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:27 am Reolink E1 Pro setting to fix Disconnection Issues
I have been working with Reolink Support, to find some setting that will Fix Disconnection issue with Reolink E1 Pro in Blue Iris, and these setting have fixed my E1 Pro Cameras from disconnecting after 2 days, Also by setting the FPS to 17 in the camera stops the green triangIe warning! I hope these settings can Help someone else! Any Question, Just Ask!
Does anyone have these screenshots or could make new ones for me? It looks like they have expired. I would like to set up some E1 Pros. Thanks!
gerald33

Post by gerald33 »

rv10guy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:25 pm @margyjr
margyjr wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:27 am Reolink E1 Pro setting to fix Disconnection Issues
Does anyone have these screenshots or could make new ones for me? It looks like they have expired. I would like to set up some E1 Pros. Thanks!
I registered on the board just to ask the same question. Can anyone re-upload the working settings for E1 Pro?

Thank you in advance.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You may want to check in at the link below and ask @bigbillsd about his config. I'm hoping to pick one up this weekend and will report back with my own experience (if I can actually get around to it).

viewtopic.php?t=3462&sid=1f43874adc9545 ... cad21ce9a6

Do you have the indoor version or the higher end outdoor version?
Nortonics

Post by Nortonics »

Update - my bad - I mistakenly indicated I have E1 Pro cameras in this post, when I in-fact have C1 Pro cameras. :roll:

I run eight Reolink E1 Pro's with the latest version of BI5 - Seven wirelessly via 5Ghz and one wired. They all work perfectly, as long as configs are thought out and set up properly (which can be easier said than done). I have a robust network of four ASUS wireless routers configured with AiMesh (RT-AX88U primary, RT-AX86U and two RT-AC68U's as nodes (all backhauled via WiFi) within a 4600 sq. ft house over three stories. If you need screen shots of my BI configs lemme know and I'll post 'em.

If running your cameras wirelessly, one thing I will point out that most don't think of is to set your WiFi router channel manually, and in the case of 5Ghz like me, keep your chosen control channel in the lower end frequencies (36, 40, 44 or 48). The upper channels (149, 153, 157, 161 and 165) do not play well with the Reolink E1 Pro cameras and will intermittently disconnect. This is likely due to the E1 Pro camera antennas not being as well tuned to these higher WiFi frequencies. Trust me on this one - it took a LOT of experimenting before I figured this out.
Last edited by Nortonics on Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.