New recording files won’t get moved anymore

EpicLPer

New recording files won’t get moved anymore

Post by EpicLPer »

Since the upgrade to Version 5 all new files aren’t automatically moved anymore, just had my C partition fill up to 0MB free without me noticing...
I’ve set it so New files should be moved to Stored if over 15GB or 5 days old but they won’t move at all filling all the available space up. Even the storage page shows +xyzGB when filling up and the log reported disc full yet nothing has been move.

How can I fix this? Thanks already for help :)
EpicLPer

Re: New recording files won’t get moved anymore

Post by EpicLPer »

Bump?
mikefr24

Post by mikefr24 »

I am not sure if you are running a service or using a network location for your archive video location. More info is needed from your end.

I had a similar issue with files not getting archived and moved to my NAS storage when I upgraded from BI4 to BI5.

I run BI5 as a service on a home server and I had to go into the SERVICES menu in Windows 10 and add my Windows login and password credentials to the BI5 service. BI5 will need your windows login and password to move files to another network location. You could also create a BI5 Windows user account with the necessary read/write network access if you do not want to use your own account but I found it easiest to just give it my account since its just my home network. BI5 worked like a charm once I gave it a login with proper network access.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

I am having a similar issue, but this has happened to me in the past on V4 too. I’m currently running V5 in Service mode.

Within clips and archiving I have New files on C drive set to move to Stored on an external hard drive at 300GB, yet twice in the last few weeks the New folder has almost filled my hard drive with 823GB of files.

I then need to delete a few days of footage to decrease the size again to minimise the files on the hard drive. On one occasion BI appeared to be creating jpg files instead of videos.

I’ve tried a database rebuild, but this doesn’t do anything unless I’ve deleted the files.

Any advice on how to prevent this from happening in the future would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

Something that I forgot to mention is that some of the alerts are saving as .jpg and not videos too. Very strange :?
cbunting

Post by cbunting »

Same issue here, seems to be since a later v5 build, all of my installations are having this issue...
vernx

Post by vernx »

Having a similar issue, New and Alerts are sharing an ssd drive with plenty of allocated space for each folder within limits of the drive space. They then get moved after a while and stored on a bigger drive. I upgraded to BI5 a while ago which has been fine for a couple of months. The last but one update seems to have effected this as I noticed about a week ago I was losing alerts and was only showing the last couple of hours!

I have tried deleting all other stuff on the drive and also deleting all of BI folders, recreating and database repairs but this is still happening!
cbunting

Post by cbunting »

Has anyone come up with a fix? My main NVR is a mess due to this... I am waiting patiently for support to respond
jrf

Post by jrf »

I'm having this same problem now. Upgraded to 5 right when it came out. This must have started happening about a week or two ago. I haven't had many reasons to check footage but I noticed the other day I didn't have clips, but JPGs but didn't have time. Just looked and see the drives were full and clips not moving/deleting properly. Manually deleted some clips and ran the DB cleanup. Doesn't seem to be helping as it is filling up again. Double checked the service account on the Blue Iris service and that looks good too. Is there maybe another service account to check?
JimBoCA

Post by JimBoCA »

I am also having this issue. Running latest BI5 as a service and the disk holding New filled up, I see this message in the log?
2 8/26/2019 4:23:49 PM Clips C:: 9, 79.4M/150.0G (-109.7G)
4 8/26/2019 4:23:49 PM Clips D:: 14722, 199.7G/10.74T (+128.8G)
C is holding the DB and New, and D has the Stored.

Why does C show as an error? Because it's negative?

It seems to say that it's only using 79.4M out of 150G available? The ssd is 250GB, with 229 usable, and 37.3 free. New is set to 100GB and Alerts 50GB. But New is currently using 145GB and Alerts is 2GB. I had to manually delete a lot of the oldest stuff in New to free up space since it filled up...