Unable to connect to BlueIris 5 through WAN on mobile device

wheelerc6

Unable to connect to BlueIris 5 through WAN on mobile device

Post by wheelerc6 »

I am unable to connect to my BlueIris 5 Server through the mobile device when using the WAN address.

I have been through the Remote Access Wizard and it shows the server has remote access. I have added the port forwarding to my router. I can go to a browser on my phone and enter the http://{wan_address}:{port}/login.htm?page=login which shows the login page and allows me to enter my username and password but it then simply shows a page saying the page cannot be found with a url of /login?session=008627255b60014503cb66da54834cda.

When I attempt to connect through the mobile device when on WAN it says "Unable to make connection; check server address.".

I do not have a problem connecting when on my local network.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
TimG

Re: Unable to connect to BlueIris 5 through WAN on mobile device

Post by TimG »

Could it be as simple as the user account being "LAN only" in BI5 settings ? Otherwise I would check the port forwarding is pointing to the correct pc (does it have a static LAN IP ?) and verify the WAN address.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LyndMc

Re: Unable to connect to BlueIris 5 through WAN on mobile device

Post by LyndMc »

I had the same issue. I could see my cameras inside of my network but not outside of my network. My issue was how I configured my cameras, I deleted them and started over. When you are setting up that cameras, you want to configure using P2P and use the the camera serial number, not the IP address where it sits on the network. Another solution if its not that...thanks to Ken of BI helping me figure it out, when you set up remote using the remote wizard, don't pick PNP and let it configure automatically. That works for about a day and craps out. Go into your router and configure the port forward manually.

I know about enough about networking to get me through most issues with the help of Google, but I hadn't thought that the PNP would drop off. I also found that BI doesn't like to be configured on ports other than 81, the software will take it, but the remote setup will not complete all of the steps and show that the link was made.