BI-5 Upgrade

sunraym1977

Re: BI-5 Upgrade

Post by sunraym1977 »

TimG wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:39 am Are you saying that it does record the alert, but that there is no sound to notify you ?
Yes! It records but alert warnings/sounds of any kind like version 4, what up with it?
bluestblues

Post by bluestblues »

I have been loving my Blue Iris for several years. I just downloaded BI Version 5 and I am ready to install (I think). However I am a little apprehensive out of concern for all of my very complex camera setups. I want to be sure to do this in the safest way possible. I am having trouble finding installation suggestions and was hoping that someone could either share some tips or point me to some before I just jump into this blindly.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi sunraym1977,
Yes! It records but alert warnings/sounds of any kind like version 4, what up with it?
For this, we need the new help file. Checking.....

OK, on the Alert tab for a camera, at the bottom, you will see a "Actions - On Trigger" button. Click it. Now press the "+" button. This bit is good :ugeek:

You will now see a list of things that BI5 can do, and one of them is "Sound". If you OK it, it should do what you want. You can also use any WAV file you want, so this is looking very useful. Wow.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

All new users - Please have a look at the new help file built in to BI5.

There is a LOT of good info there. Look for the question mark at the top left of the main screen.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.