BI-5 Upgrade

roadhammer

BI-5 Upgrade

Post by roadhammer »

I attempted to upgrade my current version of BI-4 to 5. Downloaded program and went and purchased "service" key for upgrade just like email stated to do. Support page said any support package would upgrade 4 to 5. Well, it didn't work. When I enter the new key to activate, 5, gives an error code saying it's a maint. key and can't be use for activation. I've emailed support and got two replies saying to keep trying the key that won't work. I even sent a screen shot with the error. So at this point I have lost the function of my system and will have to reload 4 and am out the money paying for a customer support plan that appears to be worthless. It's a shame, I like the program. Or maybe I'm a box of rocks and didn't do it right. Any suggestions?

Thanks
ken
Site Admin

Re: BI-5 Upgrade

Post by ken »

Sorry this has been a common misunderstanding. The maintenance keys do not replace licenses, they are just added. When the key is used you no longer need it.

Sorry also if you are getting incorrect information from support. If you don't have your original license they may be able to look this up for you.

Thanks

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firebyrd1971

Post by firebyrd1971 »

So in other words you are saying what roadhammer should have done was purchase a maintenance licence. Tap the Upgrade/renew on the BI 4 options page and enter the maintenance key. Then it would automatically upgrade to BI 5?
_Jennifer

Post by _Jennifer »

Almost. But after adding the support and maintenance plan key to your Version 4 license, Version 5 is then a full install upgrade, so it would need to be downloaded from blueirissoftware.com/Download.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

There needs to be more information about how to upgrade from V4 to V5. The previous webpage had instructions.

The new webpage refers to the 'Support' page for information. But, is nowhere to be found.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Agreed. Now this forum appears to be working properly, can you sort out the basic info, then we can assist other users with general stuff.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
roadhammer

Post by roadhammer »

Thanks for all the feedback. After emailing customer support back and forth a couple of times they got me on the right track. I had to put my old BI4 key in first and then enter the "maint." key for the upgrade. I was trying to use just the maint. key and didn't realize when installing the BI5 upgrade it wouldn't automatically pick up the old license key.
sunraym1977

Post by sunraym1977 »

I upgraded to version 5 but I cannot get any alerts from my camera. I had it in verion 3/4 but I tried everything, and can't find out why the alerts sound don't go off. I sent a message the support, but nothing in the alert windows will make it work. Any help?

Woody
TimG

Post by TimG »

Are you saying that it does record the alert, but that there is no sound to notify you ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
sunraym1977

Post by sunraym1977 »

It records the motion, but in previous version I hear the alert before some one comes knocking at my door. I seen vehicles go, but I get no alerts when the UPS truck or any other go by like in version 4.