BI5 video reader can't read recorded clips

ladnene

BI5 video reader can't read recorded clips

Post by ladnene »

Hi,
I have been trying BI v5.3.3.3 for a couple of weeks before i buy it, i have a security camera HILOOK IPC-121H-M 2MP from which i want to record directly the stream (Camera settings > Video file format and compression. then choose MP4 + Direct-to-disc) because this method gives me the best video quality records (and also uses less CPU) dispite i put the highest video settings for the encoded version ( you can see in the attachements the quality difference between direct-to-disc recording and the encoded version which contains the blue iris trial logo ) , i tried also the avi file format with direct-to-disc and it gave me the same problem which is when i try to open the file from the user interface it tells me "Source file format corrupt" but it opens correctly in VLC , so i think the codecs of BI doesn't contain the needed ones for this file formats. I also can't use the BVR format because i have a streaming server from which i stream the MP4 or avi clips remotly. When i uses the encoded version everything works fine but the quality and details aren't as Good as direct-to-disc and moreover it uses more CPU. My question is there anyway i replace the BI video clips default reader with VLC reader ? is there another solution like overriding BI codecs for exemple ? I tried also running the clips from the webserver of BI , but the server prompt a popup message ( toast) telling me "The video stream was lost Attempting to reconnect..." but i open the encoded version from the webserver it works fine. Thank a lot for your help.

Video clips + screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Direct-to-disc version screenshot : Image
Encoded version screenshot : Image
Encoded version settings : Image
Popup errors : Image Image