how to COMPLETELY remove BI5 before reinstall

LyndMc

how to COMPLETELY remove BI5 before reinstall

Post by LyndMc »

So still having minor issues with BI5 and I uninstalled and reinstalled...twice. I did a proper uninstall, and I even went into explorer and deleted any folders with the name Blue Iris. When I reinstalled I didn't have to re-enter my license number and my 3 cameras instantly popped back up as did my screen setup and even my hotspots. I didn't have to import my cameras so obviously some parts of BI5 doesn't get deleted when you do a Windows uninstall.

My current issue is with triggering as discussed in previous posts. I can send a test email, no problem, I can manually trigger an event and it creates a clip but doesn't send an alert. Since my reinstall I've started getting alerts randomly but never when I trip a manual event so things aren't quite right. I'd like to completely wipe BI5 and reinstall. Are there any files, folders, or registries that need to be wiped to accomplish this? Oh and BTW, while I have uninstalled BI5, I still have Amcrest Pro installed and working if that has and bearing on why the cameras pop up after uninstall.
Thixotropic

Re: how to COMPLETELY remove BI5 before reinstall

Post by Thixotropic »

After deleting everything you can find, I'd recommend using a registry cleaner to clear out any of the BI-related keys or entries.

You can find them under the "Perspective Software\Blue Iris" section in the registry.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Before deleting these two reg entries, please back them up - just in case everything goes south, you can get them back.

Run this bat file to backup the 2 registry branches. In addition, it also backs up the BI registration branch (which is also backup up in the LM .reg file). It will create the following 3 files...
- BI, CU.reg
- BI, LM.reg
- BI, Registration.reg

Double clicking these files will add them back into the registry.

After deleting everything, and after reinstalling BI, add the registration info back by double-clicking the registration reg file. Easier than entering it.
@echo off

REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Backup Registry entries...
REM Files will be generated in the folder this bat file is execute from.
REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

echo. & echo.
echo --------------------------------------------------
echo Backing up BI 'CURRENT_USER' registry branch...
reg export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software" "BI, CU.reg"
echo.

echo.
echo Backing up BI 'LOCAL_MACHINE' registry branch...
echo This may take several seconds.
reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software" "BI, LM.reg"
echo.

echo.
echo Backing up BI Registration...
reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Registration" "BI, Registration.reg"
echo. & echo.

echo Files backed up...
dir /B bi*.reg
echo. & echo.

pause
exit

You can run this bat file to DELETE the two registry entries. The two specific registry entries are listed in the bat file.
Note that you must type 'yes' at each delete prompt.
@echo off

:: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: Deletes the Blue Iris's Windows Registry settings in the following key branches...
:: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software]
:: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software]
::
:: It will ask for a Yes/No response for each of the two deletes.
:: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

color 0a

echo.
echo.
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software\Blue Iris"

echo.
echo.
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software"

echo.
echo.
pause
exit
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

Update... I uninstalled again and went thru the registry, I deleted anything related to Blue Iris and Perspective software. When I reinstalled this time it asked for my license info and the 3 previously configured cameras were gone!

After reloading, my email alerts are working again! When I simulate an event, I get an email every time!!! My only suspicion that it may not have 110% cleared the program during the uninstall is my time and date overlay appeared when I re-entered my cameras. I’m not worried at this point, everything seems to be working great again! My remote view through BI5 is now working properly too, no more Tacit View! The only issue that I see is that my one outside camera tends to sometimes pixelate. Its not really pixilate in the regular sense, but it looks like a low signal situation. I can compare Amcrest Pro to BI5 and I see the same thing sometimes in Pro but its much more often on BI5. That camera has a 70% signal strength and it was recently formatted, they all were.

Thank to those who offered advice.... much appreciated!