Configure BI 5 to use in-camera motion detection

jpauljohnson

Configure BI 5 to use in-camera motion detection

Post by jpauljohnson »

What are the things I should do to use the camera motion detection? I read this from a very old post...

"Blue iris can poll the camera and record based on the camera motion detection...you would need to use the find inspect option and ensure that "get events with pullpoint" is checked in the video>configuration tab...and you would have to check "cameras digital input or motion" in the trigger tab.

I found the Trigger tab in camera properties, and in the Sources box Motion is checked by default. I checked the "Cameras digital input or motion alarm." Should I uncheck the first "Motion" selection? BI performance is a priority, so if having this checked means BI will also look for motion, I need to uncheck it.

But the "Get events with pullpoint" is a mystery. How do I go about using/finding this?

Appreciate the help.
TimG

Re: Configure BI 5 to use in-camera motion detection

Post by TimG »

I had a look in the help file built in to BI5, and on page 175 it does mention this:
Consider using camera-based motion detection if offered by your camera. This does require that the camera supports and is configured to use ONVIF GetEvents via PullPointSubscription and that the software understand the type of events the camera is sending (this is not standardized). You can view what the camera sends in response to motion or other triggers using the Events page in the ODM (ONVIF device manager) software.
Worth a try :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jpauljohnson

Re: Configure BI 5 to use in-camera motion detection

Post by jpauljohnson »

Thanks for the response TimG. I really appreciate the effort.

The help file in this case appears to be written by a programmer for a programmer. I'm never going to know this. Perhaps the camera maker will know how to do this. I'll talk to ReoLink. If I can get the settings, I'll put them in here.