Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

leemanpa
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by leemanpa » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Same problem here. Switching to Java seems to be a fix for now.
Oddly enough, it seems to be an issue with Microsoft Edge & Chrome. NOT with FireFox.
Go figure.
Matts1984
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by Matts1984 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:48 pm

TimG wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:28 pm
Have you all reported this to support ?

Looks like I won't be updating BI5 this week.
+1 Glad I actually looked at the forum before doing my routine check for an updated version
iammrbt
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by iammrbt » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:29 pm

I'm willing to bet everyone with issues is using Chrome or a Chromium based browser (like the new edge). I normally do also.

I tried Firefox and it works fine no matter the profile you select. Just FYI
lasocean
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by lasocean » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:43 pm

This appears to have now been fixed in 5.3.2.7
BruceH
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:10 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by BruceH » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:19 pm

I have just applied 5.3.2.7 and this appears to have resolved this issue on both of my systems.
User avatar
aerostar
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by aerostar » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:56 pm

BruceH wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:19 pm
I have just applied 5.3.2.7 and this appears to have resolved this issue on both of my systems.
Thanks for the update on the 5.3.2.7 update. Any noticeable improvements? I'm still not sure where to find the official release notes, other than the aggregate release notes, so if someone can chime in with where those might be found, or if they even exist on a per-release basis, that would be great.
IAmATeaf
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:48 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by IAmATeaf » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 am

Per major change there are notes in the BI help PDF but to get to it, you would need to download the update and then extract and read but most incremental updates don’t really have any detailed change notes, so for example these recent 5.3.1.x series of updates all have the same change notes.
User avatar
aerostar
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by aerostar » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:30 am

Thanks for the 411, IAmATeaf
User avatar
TimG
Posts: 802
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK.

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by TimG » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am

I updated to 5.3.2.7 and found UI3 (which had been left running in a different Chrome tab) to be unresponsive. A quick refresh of that tab, and all was well. I am now running UI3 v118 (click on the blue title box on the top left hand side to see details).
Blue Iris v5.3.8.5 | Win10 x64 version 20H2 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, Neos2, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | Intel i5-3330 CPU, 16GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD | TVMosaic.
bp2008
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Re: Problem with UI3 since updating to BI 5.3.2.6 (9/7/2020)

Post by bp2008 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi all. I want to shed some light on what caused this issue. What happened was Blue Iris suddenly (without warning) changed the meaning of frame timestamps in H.264 video streams. This broke certain aspects of UI3, which relies on those timestamps to control playback rate and to detect video delay.

It had the biggest impact on UI3's HTML5 video player which is the default player in browsers based on Chromium.

Firefox doesn't support low latency streaming with its HTML5 player, so in that browser, UI3 uses a different less efficient H.264 player by default. That player just happened to not be significantly affected by the change to frame timestamps. Some things were still broken, but in less obvious ways.

All known issues were resolved by UI3-119.
Post Reply