Bitdefender hates cam4!

Wulffe

Bitdefender hates cam4!

Post by Wulffe »

Hi there :)

Story:
I have the days before yesterday got a new ISP, and I had to change to their router due to bandwidth limitation on my old router.
I used most of the day copying ports and setting up static ips etc, and all seams to work just fine, although that the new router uses 192.168.87.x instead of 192.168.2.x - But it runs just fine.

Problem:
I have 4 cameras.
3 x D-Link DCS-936L for security.
1 x D-Link DCS-5000L for my 3D printer.
The 3 936L´s has no issues, but the 5000L is causing problems.
Every time I turn it on, "Bitdefender Virus Shield" goes from 0% CPU in the Joblist to 0.5% CPU - And then it starts climbing (Has been over 50% CPU over time).
It also uses ram - Ever so slowly. Yesterday, I vent out of town for 4 hours, and cam4 was on - When I came home, it was like 3 hours behind on the cam feed, and it had used all my 32Gb of ram - I restarted my computer, and started to figure out what caused this.

I have checked that all settings in Blue Iris are the same for all 4 cameras - Same with Bitdefender - All IP:Port is excluded on all four cams, there is no differens in the four cameras settings what so ever.

So now I turn to you guys: Do anyone know what the heck is going on?
I am about to go out buying a new camera :(
TimG

Re: Bitdefender hates cam4!

Post by TimG »

It doesn't make much sense to me either :(

When I replaced my last router, I changed the internal LAN IP address to match the old one, and made the "DHCP window" the same. That saved a lot of hard work changing static IP addresses on devices.

If you are thinking of replacing the camera, then I would suggest deleting it in BI5 and re-adding it first to see if that helps.

The only issue I have had with anti-malware programs, was that Malwarebytes kept deleting BI5, even when it had been put on the "allow" list. That took a long time with their support team, and is probably not really fixed.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Yeah to build on what Tim said, maybe exclude the BI directory from BitDefender. I know ideally you do want EVERYTHING protected but if it's causing issues, you have to weigh availability with confidentiality. Perhaps you could reduce that to just the BI executable which wouldn't be bad at all. Though it could be beneficial to exclude the stored video files anyway as there is constant HD activity there and they're quite large.

More often than not any actual malware is going to be in your Users directory anyway
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
Wulffe

Post by Wulffe »

Hey guys - Thanks for helping out!

I have just discovered that Bitdefender also does this when I open the camera feed in my browser - So it HAS to be something with bitdefender scanning the incoming feed, even when it should be excluded :(

Im going to contact bitdefender for help instead, I guess they have a better chance of knowing the issue.

But thanks anyways :)