Extreme Delay on amcrest ip8m-2496eb 8MP 4K camera, need help.

XOIIO

Extreme Delay on amcrest ip8m-2496eb 8MP 4K camera, need help.

Post by XOIIO »

Hi everyone, figure I'll try here instead of a support ticket. I just got a new lightly used 4k camera for testing to see if I will upgrade the rest of my outdoor cameras, however I'm having a bit of an issue with this, namely that while occasionally the delay isn't too bad, when looking at blue iris on my recording machine, or app, there can be an extreme delay between what happens in front of the camera and what happens on the actual feed, sometimes upwards of a minute.

I couldn't see any settings specific to this camera, so it's on the generic stream setting, the camera is currently set to h265 but the same problem happened with h264, and I've tried various CBR and VBR settings.

In the amcrest view app it's super snappy, higher frame rate and a way faster delay, but blue iris really seems to be struggling. I've even disabled all other cameras but it's had no effect and even with them all enabled I peak at about 30% cpu usage.

System specs are:

Xeon X5670 X2
72gb ram
Dedicated 2TB hard drive for blue iris
Cameras are connected from POE switch to server via 10GBE link
Windows Server 2016 running on an SSD

The three 1080p and two 720p cameras I currently have are doing just fine without any such issue, I'm sure the 1080p ones have less of a delay in the amcrest app as well but they are plenty useable even if the frame rate isn't at it's full potential, those are on the generic stream settings too. The new Camera is set to 15fps, the highest it will do in 4k, but actually gets about 10 when it's being good.

I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion as to what might improve performance, maybe a better video profile for this specific camera or amcrest ones in general. Adding a GPU would be kind of a pain unless I buy one that doesn't need additional power, but I don't know how much difference that would actually make, and I feel like the problem is elsewhere.
XOIIO

Re: Extreme Delay on amcrest ip8m-2496eb 8MP 4K camera, need help.

Post by XOIIO »

I tried increasing the buffer but that didn't help.

I did try disabling all the other cameras and that did help, the delay got better, but after enabling the other cameras the delay is bad again, the problem is that with only the one 8k camera I have 10% cpu usage or so (along with everything else in my system) and with the rest enabled I am getting that same 35%-40% usage which doesn't really make sense. I still have plenty of CPU resources available and loads of ram.
XOIIO

Post by XOIIO »

Hmm, so this is weird, I checked the status window, and this camera shows no bitrate whatsoever. I noticed that if I restart the camera it's got a decent delay for the first minute or so then it gets bad, but even then I get nothing at all listed for the camera's bitrate, I have a feeling this is relevant to the problem.
Attachments
screenshot.16.jpg
screenshot.16.jpg (226.41 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
screenshot.15.jpg
screenshot.15.jpg (181.1 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
screenshot.14.jpg
screenshot.14.jpg (157.76 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
XOIIO

Post by XOIIO »

Well god knows if the moderators will approve this comment, they didn't approve the one that I added shortly after my last one, or if anyone even knows, but it seems a video accelerator is my only option for any further testing. How much power do I need for four of these cameras though, will a 1030 do it? Reddit is proving unhelpful.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi everyone, figure I'll try here instead of a support ticket.
I suggest you do put in a support ticket. I have found support to be very helpful.
Well god knows if the moderators will approve this comment
It's only the first few posts they restrict, but I don't know when they remove that restriction. Hopefully OK now after three posts 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
kiyolaka

Post by kiyolaka »

I'm having this issue as well. Were you able to get it resolved? I'm getting a delay of upwards to 2+ minutes, video drop outs, frame skips and other irregularities..

Video looks fine in web browser, amcrest PC and phone app but not really reliable in BlueIris.... I've tried all sorts of different encoding options on the camera itself.
kiyolaka

Post by kiyolaka »

Hmm, It seems that I'll need to temporarily drop the resolution down to 1920*1080 for the time being as anything above that gets majorly out of sync.

Am running BI on a Windows 10 Pro instance hosted on ESX. I've provided 6 E5-2650 Cores and 8GB of ram to the VM.

CPU usage is normally ~25-30%, usage sits at around 35% when attempting to stream 4k, none of the cores appear to be taking upon a disproportionate amount of load.