Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

carluzky

Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

Post by carluzky »

Hello everyone
So every time there is motion recording at some point there will be a lot of ghosting and skipped frames of the subject

I looked all over the internet and I keep reading about "set each camera i-frames to match the camera FPS to get a 1.00 Key setting", but for the life of me I can't find that option on the blue iris software , neither on the the blue iris settings or it's individual camera settings . Am I looking at the wrong place ?
So I have blue iris v5 demo, direct to disc already checked , 2 Reolink cameras 5mp set for 30fps , each camera status shows 0.50 (so I need to elevate it to 1.00 BUT I don't know where!)

Truly appreciate your help since I am going crazy
carluzky

Re: Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

Post by carluzky »

please help anyone?
Fitz2380

Re: Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

Post by Fitz2380 »

I am fairly new to Blue Iris so maybe someone else may have a better response. However I have been testing Blue Iris for about 2 months on a I5 machine. I did sear 'tearing' or 'smearing' of video after a trigger which was recorded with this affect as well.

What I discovered is that my system was maxing out the CPU usage during this time. I researched the CPU usage and discovered the 'direct to disc' option was not set as I had taken a Demo mode of Blue Iris and applied my license key using the configuration I had set up during my demo period. Someone had pointed out that the demo either does not have this option or it is not selected. Once I changed to the 'direct to disc' recording mode, I was able to reduce my CPU usage to a more tolerable level. I have not seen the tearing or skipping of vide since I made this change.

May not be your issue but if you haven't checked you should look at your CPU usage.