Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

carluzky

Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

Post by carluzky » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:31 am

Hello everyone
So every time there is motion recording at some point there will be a lot of ghosting and skipped frames of the subject

I looked all over the internet and I keep reading about "set each camera i-frames to match the camera FPS to get a 1.00 Key setting", but for the life of me I can't find that option on the blue iris software , neither on the the blue iris settings or it's individual camera settings . Am I looking at the wrong place ?
So I have blue iris v5 demo, direct to disc already checked , 2 Reolink cameras 5mp set for 30fps , each camera status shows 0.50 (so I need to elevate it to 1.00 BUT I don't know where!)

Truly appreciate your help since I am going crazy
carluzky

Re: Lots of ghosting after motion trigger , please help

Post by carluzky » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:37 pm

please help anyone?
Fitz2380

Post by Fitz2380 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:40 pm

I am fairly new to Blue Iris so maybe someone else may have a better response. However I have been testing Blue Iris for about 2 months on a I5 machine. I did sear 'tearing' or 'smearing' of video after a trigger which was recorded with this affect as well.

What I discovered is that my system was maxing out the CPU usage during this time. I researched the CPU usage and discovered the 'direct to disc' option was not set as I had taken a Demo mode of Blue Iris and applied my license key using the configuration I had set up during my demo period. Someone had pointed out that the demo either does not have this option or it is not selected. Once I changed to the 'direct to disc' recording mode, I was able to reduce my CPU usage to a more tolerable level. I have not seen the tearing or skipping of vide since I made this change.

May not be your issue but if you haven't checked you should look at your CPU usage.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:30 pm

The fps and iframe has to be set in the cams themselves. From what I’ve read Reolink cams aren’t as configurable in terms of those settings and you don’t need 30fps, most run 15 or 20 fps.

For me, I get tearing with certain versions of the video drivers, every now and again Windows updates the video drivers even though I have a local policy set to prevent this so I then have to revert them. I did have to go through a lot of trail and error to find a version of the drivers which didn’t have the tearing/trailing on recorded video.