Group Triggering After Removal From Group

aerostar

Group Triggering After Removal From Group

Post by aerostar »

Hello. This is my first post here, so I hope it goes well.

I've been focusing on setting up and fine-tuning BI5 for a couple of weeks now, so I'm quite happy to say I know my way around the app pretty well. I'd also add that I've searched for an answer in these forums, and have tried different approaches to solving the problem on my own for several days now to no avail. So here goes nothing . . .

I'm having a problem whereby two sets of cameras that were formerly in two distinct groups and set to trigger their respective group are now continuing to trigger the group, even though I've dismembered all cameras from their respective group. I'm not quite sure why this is happening. Maybe I've missed something?

I haven't tried deleting the groups outright, but I suppose that might work, but it would be an unnecessary waste of time, IMHO. I'm also wondering if the fact that I'm running those groups under two distinct profiles (for fine-tuning day vs night triggering) might somehow be corrupting my effort to remove the cameras from triggering the group. I've seen some unrelated discussions talking about making changes to the Windows Registry, so am inclined to think that this sort of impairment to changes in settings might just be an ongoing/potential problem with BI5 in its youth.

In any case, I would appreciate it if someone willing to tender a solution might chime in with their experience on this.

Thank you!
aerostar

Re: Group Triggering After Removal From Group

Post by aerostar »

Hi, and thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, during my uninstall of BI4 I accidentally deleted my complete BI5 configuration so I am having to set up all over again and it goes without saying I didn't have a chance to restart the server to test your suggestion. I'll revisit this post if my new config shows the same problem again - or if the problem is resolved.

Thanks again for the response.