BI has just randomly stopped recording

Lethargus

Re: BI has just randomly stopped recording

Post by Lethargus »

Under watchdog do you have detect loss of signal checked? I'm doing a ton of testing before committing to license purchases and one of the cameras I have seemed to freeze overnight. I didn't get all the problems you describe, but it seemed BI thought the camera disconnected because the IR lights were off and it went pitch black. Unchecking interpret monochrome video as a loss of signal seems to have resolved that one. You could try unchecking detect loss of signal completely and see if it makes a difference.

The thread on the other forum I see you found seems to suggest it might be related to graphics drivers, which would mean turning off hardware acceleration and seeing if it still happens.
BR116

Post by BR116 »

me too since 07/15/20, and noone is listening nor helping.
glenl

Post by glenl »

I'm having (perhaps) related issue.

I took an update yesterday and no recordings since. Now... I've complicated the troubleshooting by also adding two new cameras at about the same time. (I was on the machine to add the cameras, saw the update, and took it.)

I have disabled all but two of my original cameras and still no luck. These cameras are set for continuous recording. I can start a manual recording and get about 10 seconds of recording, then it stops. If I manually trigger them, the lightning bolt shows for properly associated cameras (triggered as a Group), but no recordings.

I think I went from 5.3.1.4 to the current 5.3.1.6.

Will downgrade back to original version I started with a couple weeks back. Will update if this tells me anything.
Last edited by glenl on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Hopefully Windows doesn't decide your video drivers need updating
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras